Possible mirror/torrent

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Magnetar

Possible mirror/torrent

Post by Magnetar »

I notice when downloading the new patch it's around 350 kb/s.
I have a 1 gig symmetrical connection and would be happy to host a mirror to help speed things up, or seed a torrent of the patch 24/7

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Possible mirror/torrent

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

What about the Mega.nz link that is available under the "Show other Servers..." hyperlink?

Screenshot 2023-12-04 132841.png
Screenshot 2023-12-04 132841.png (179.39 KiB) Viewed 986 times
Screenshot 2023-12-04 132913.png
Screenshot 2023-12-04 132913.png (197.4 KiB) Viewed 986 times

For me the speed is nice, but I'm in Europe:

Screenshot 2023-12-04 133038.png
Screenshot 2023-12-04 133038.png (11.9 KiB) Viewed 986 times

It's still strange to be 350kb/s. If the units you provided are real, that would be 350 kilobits per second, which is only ~42 KB/s (kilobytes per second). That sounds almost unreal, even with a terrible routing to the server.

Could you please make a speedtest on: https://ee2.eu/speedtest/ and paste the results here? You would need to log-in to the Multiplayer lobby one time to unlock that page, but that shouldn't be a big problem.

Please also let me know what speed it is from Mega, and I might think about adding extra mirrors if that's still low. However, no other players from the USA reported speed issues, so maybe it was a temporary problem with your ISP routing to the server in Germany?

When it comes to torrents, it's a terrible idea. With the frequent updates ( https://ee2.eu/patch/changes/ ) that would be nearly impossible to "seed" the newest version. It would only cause a fragmentation which we don't want, because then users would anyway see the update notification in the Launcher, and would need to update to the newest version.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Magnetar

Post by Magnetar »

I'm sorry, I didn't notice the Mirror server link!!
Please know that this IS NOT creating an issue online, there's no significant lag when playing.
This is based in Central USA.

The speed from Mega is in the 30's MB/s (Bytes per second)

The speed for downloading the link is ~690KB/s It appeared to start quickly, up to 40 MB/s before declining. (perhaps just a fluke)
Canceling the download and restarting allowed it to pickup to 18-25MB/s
I downloaded it 4 more times without it slowing down.

But the speed test is good (Bits per second)
Local speed test:
https://imgur.com/vKQBSaB
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Not a perfect speed, but I suppose it's good considering the distance :)

When it comes to Multiplayer, it tries to establish a connection in a smart-way:
1. LAN devices.
2. Direct connection (when port is open or uPnP success, and ISP is not restricting ports, it usually works).
3. Direct connection by NAT (still players get connected directly, IP to IP, just on different port).
4. MonaNAT: The thing that makes 100% connections on the MP lobby successful. It routes the traffic between players by one of our MonaNAT servers. The list is available on: https://ee2.eu/status/#multiplayerload This was (and maybe still is) an unique feature of this type, that no other games have.

So in summary, even if the main server has routing issues to the player's location - generally it shouldn't affect connection between players. Just logging-in might be slower, or feel like "Host" button is laggy.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”