Industrial Revolution

Preview of Unreleased Content and Users Work
PaulStretch

Industrial Revolution

Post by PaulStretch »

I wanted to show off the first of the industrial buildings I've made.
Indust3.png
Indust3.png (4.86 MiB) Viewed 1328 times
In the center you have the tier 2 textile mill, which garrisons 55 citizens and produces textiles. To the Right are medium and small warehouses, which are drop off points, and can store vehicles. Near left is the Customs house, which acts like a market, allowing you to sell resources. To the far left is the Tier 1 textile mill, which can have 30 workers.
Indust1.png
Indust1.png (4.57 MiB) Viewed 1328 times
My plan with industrial buildings is not just that they'll produce resources, but they grow your city. Every factory is a district that spawns industrial buildings or residential buildings within it's area. When you have a certain amount of industrial buildings in your territory, your factories will upgrade, and this will also enable you to place more factories. In theory, you can have a city that specializes in producing one resource. I might consider adding a system, say where is makes sense to cluster your textile factories in one territory, because for example there are cotton resources there. However I'm trying to hold back on adding extra area effects, since they can really bog down the simulation. I do plan on expanding this district system. For example churches also act as districts, and when there are a certain amount of residential buildings, your churches upgrade allowing you to add more churches. Or adding a stock market to your territory will enable you to spawn offices in your city. I'll see how much of this is feasible to do though
Indust2.png
Indust2.png (4.99 MiB) Viewed 1328 times
These users thanked the author PaulStretch for the post (total 2):
Dr.MonaLisa, Loewenherz

Return to “Spotlight”