This Game terminated abnormally AND it crashes replay !

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Coo1

This Game terminated abnormally AND it crashes replay !

Post by Coo1 »

The title says it all. There were two players 1v1 and one observer. The game bummed and cannot be played. The game playback is here: P.S This game also whacked my Ethernet adapter drivers dead....

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: This Game terminated abnormally AND it crashes replay !

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

What am I supposed to do with the corrupted playback? If you're writing a .txt file in Notepad and you press the Reset button on your computer, do you expect it to have the text you typed saved, or what is this logic?

Are you claiming that the running, unprivileged game process had the effect on your Ethernet drivers? Skipping the fact that such things can only happen in 1980s Sci-Fi movies, you should at least show the log / screenshots from Windows Event Viewer to see what has actually caused the hardware failure.

Most likely it was the other way around, a hardware failure caused the game to close / crash, because it unexpectedly lost the network adapter that was transferring game data.

Could you please also explain, how did you login to the Multiplayer Lobby with the burnt Ethernet adapter, on:
2023-11-03 21:06:36
2023-11-03 22:29:33
2023-11-03 22:35:09
using "Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller"?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Coo1

Post by Coo1 »

Coo1 wrote: 03 Nov 2023, 21:13 P.S This game also whacked my Ethernet adapter drivers dead....
I said "drivers" after I reinstalled them I can play again!
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Then attach the Event Viewer screenshot with a tiny evidence that the EE2 process is responsible for that.

It makes no sense to even post such claims. You are clearly suggesting like the game (or Unofficial Patch) was compiled with Windows Driver Kit (WDK) and ran as administrator by default.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”