My EE2 vanilla version maps

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Bogdan

My EE2 vanilla version maps

Post by Bogdan »

Hi! I thought it would be cool to add maps from my scenarios to UP map choicer.
These are for EE2 vanilla version; one problem is that I don't know how to count max players for a map.

1. Dominicana
300x300
This map includes Dominican Republic island and some fictional islands which surround it. Perfect fit for landing/island defense scenario. The main island terrain makes it impossible to land in some places (basically, 60% of its length is not suitable for amphibious assault), so only some shores need to have lines of defense.
Spoiler
Dominicana.map
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
Dominicana 300x300.jpg
Dominicana 300x300.jpg (3.34 MiB) Viewed 1547 times
2. Koren Peninsula
200x350
Detailed map of Korea, also include small part of Chinese territory. Quite difficult terrain makes armies deployment somewhat challenging; great for ambushing your opponents. Places of the main cities are highlighted by 'under building' type of terrain.
Spoiler
Korean peninsula.map
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
Korean peninsula 200x350.jpg
Korean peninsula 200x350.jpg (4.5 MiB) Viewed 1547 times
3. Late Byzantium
326x326
Map of the late Byzantine Empire (although Constantinople made bigger, so it's not in a proper scale). The number of territories is intentionally small, thus supply chains are always long and armies need to cover long distances. Can be used in epochs from The Roman Empire up until Gallipoli campaign. Places of the main cities are highlighted by 'under building' type of terrain.
Spoiler
Late Byzantium.map
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
Late Byzantium 326x326.jpg
Late Byzantium 326x326.jpg (3.39 MiB) Viewed 1547 times
4. North Africa
380x200
This is a wide map that covers a small part of North Africa. Includes a territory with dunes, that will slow down armies movement.
Spoiler
North Africa.map
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
North Africa 380x200.jpg
North Africa 380x200.jpg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 1547 times
5. The remnants of the Empire
200x300
Fictional terrain from a fictional story, includes passable mountains and impassable hills, territories with islands stand apart from the main continent.
Spoiler
The remnants of the Empire.map
(918.75 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
The remnants of the Empire 200x300.jpg
The remnants of the Empire 200x300.jpg (3.35 MiB) Viewed 1547 times

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: My EE2 vanilla version maps

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I was integrating your maps to the newest Map Chooser. This is not a simple task as there is a lot of work with textures conversion (for the map preview), correct sizing, and texts source editing.

I noticed that 4 out of 5 of your maps are missing the Starting positions and have drastically low number of resources:

EE2_ScreenShot_2023-11-16_03.42.00.730.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2023-11-16_03.42.00.730.jpg (531.33 KiB) Viewed 1484 times

I appreciate that you shared your good-looking maps, but mistakes like this are unacceptable. At this point they're unplayable for users, so I don't see any reason why they should be included in the Map Chooser.

When you get a chance, please update your maps using the files attached by me (because I applied the text database name to them), and please do not edit the mission name or filenames:
ProblematicMaps.zip
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
I left the description and preview images in the upcoming update files, but these maps will most likely not be included in the next version, as waiting for fixes from third-party players usually slows downs things and causes unnecessary delays.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Hello Mona,
Added starting positions and much more resources:
Fixed maps.zip
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
Didn't know what minimum amount of resources is allowed
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks. I included it to the installer, without testing, because there will be a hotfix update soon :(
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Hello Mona, I am sorry, it seems that I screwed up with starting positions on 2 of these maps. It's only now when I figured out how it should work...
Here are the maps that I fixed:
!Bogdan_Late_Byzantium.map
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
!Bogdan_Korean_peninsula.map
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
By the way, I noticed that when I have, for example, 10 players chosen for a skirmish and then I choose literlly any map from the map picker window - a map that is suitable for, say, 5 players - the game doesn't warn about exceeding the limit. Of course if a skirmish will be started with such settings, the game will crash
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

So it wasn't possible in the past to choose maps that are for <= 5 players, while having 10 players in the game?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Yes, previously if too many players in skirmish settings window were selected, it actually gave an error that the number is exceeding maximum for this map and then reset it to default. The map picker still does this sometimes, although I can't see the logic why it doesn't happen every time
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I tested on some old version of UP1.5 (1.5.8). It was always this way. The map can be choosen and doesn't display any error, until number of slots change. In Multiplayer this message probably popups whenever other player changes some settings or "ready" state, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

What's important, it's not related to the updated Map Chooser :)
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”