Random crash

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Wojtek

Random crash

Post by Wojtek »

Yesterday my game suddenly crashed while I was playing. Some time ago I used to receive messages about a crash being prevented, but this time the game froze for a sec, went back to the main menu and CTD. I had been playing for like two hours without any interruptions. I don't see any logs, whatsoever. Any idea what it may have been caused by? It's the first crash I've experiences so far.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Random crash

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Unofficial Patch 1.5 fixes many game crashes, and attempts to resume the game at the known freeze locations. This is, why the game feels so stable.
Before Unofficial Patch 1.5, the game used to frequently crash to desktop, for many reasons. Unhandled Exception crashes were something very common and experienced by everyone.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to fix all the game crashes, therefore players might still get them from time to time. The fact, that you haven't experienced a crash that terminates the game only proves that UP1.5 made the game pretty stable.

Anyway, as you can see on the statistics website: https://ee2.eu/statistics/?period=30d#launchstats
The game crashes around ~30 times per day for ~1000 active players. So it's nothing abnormal, it just happen.

As long as the number of crashes doesn't drastically increase on the statistics website, there's nothing to worry about. Nothing is wrong with your installation or Unofficial Patch.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Wojtek

Post by Wojtek »

Thanks for clarification. I loaded the latest save from before the crash and it happened again. Maybe I should load earlier saves and see if the crash occurs.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Wojtek wrote: 17 Oct 2023, 17:20 Thanks for clarification. I loaded the latest save from before the crash and it happened again. Maybe I should load earlier saves and see if the crash occurs.
Yep, most likely the crash repeats in that save. The easiest solution is... starting a new game. 99% of the remaining game crashes are related to the AI players :(
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Wojtek

Post by Wojtek »

Yup. I loaded the earlier save and the crash didn't occur. Seems like AI behaviour was the cause because after a couple of minutes I saw a message which said something about preventing a crash caused by AI gate placement. Still, thanks for your clarification.

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”