New model for a western house (epochs 11-12)

Preview of Unreleased Content and Users Work
Wojtek

New model for a western house (epochs 11-12)

Post by Wojtek »

Hi
This time I replaced the western house model for epochs 11-12. I like the default model but wanted to experiment a little bit and created this one. It's probably more suitable for epochs 13-14, but I decided to replace the 11-12 model. It seems too white and a little bit too blocky, though.
EE2X_ScreenShot_2023-08-25_23.20.24.032.jpg
EE2X_ScreenShot_2023-08-25_23.20.24.032.jpg (382.52 KiB) Viewed 797 times
EE2X_ScreenShot_2023-08-25_23.20.42.180.jpg
EE2X_ScreenShot_2023-08-25_23.20.42.180.jpg (326.83 KiB) Viewed 797 times
This is the default one:
dom.jpg
dom.jpg (42.97 KiB) Viewed 797 times

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: New model for a western house (epochs 11-12)

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Looks great, but for me it looks too modern for epochs 11-12. It's more suitable for 13+ I guess.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Wojtek

Post by Wojtek »

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I created a new model for epochs 11-12, whereas the modern house is gonna replace the 13-14 one. Now it fits in at least.
EE2X_ScreenShot_2023-08-29_02.05.40.866.jpg
EE2X_ScreenShot_2023-08-29_02.05.40.866.jpg (605.21 KiB) Viewed 775 times
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

Hey, here is the scenario designer Loew. The 3D models are really very well done and beautiful, but the original aesthetics of the game should be preserved for now.
For EE2 1.5, campaigns are planned at some point, which will also use the one or other scenario units and perhaps your houses will embellish a map there.

In addition, the scope of the actual gameplay is already quite extensive in order to have room for more units. However, I would be very happy if you would send me your 3D models.

So, you are welcome to send me all three houses. :D
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160
Wojtek

Post by Wojtek »

It's really flattering to hear my models might be used in some future projects. I still have to figure out how to create winter textures before I upload or send anyone anything. I'm currently stuck in here. For the time being, I'm converting some buildings from the Sims 3. In this game there are so-called rabbit holes; enterable community buildings. The models usually have one high poly and one low poly versions. The low poly one is used when you zoom the camera far away in order to conserve the CPU and improve rendering. The texture is also smaller and more blurry. I used the low poly versions and they look really good (but still not perfect) in EEII.
There is a grocery store (market epochs 13-14, I don't remember the actual range, but it's the digital age in other words), university epochs 13-14 and hospital epoch 12 (I replaced Mona Lisa's one. Przepraszam :twisted:
budynki.jpg
budynki.jpg (599.29 KiB) Viewed 749 times
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

It's very tempting to upgrade the current 1.5 buildings. Especially the hospital one. But I'm worried about the copyright of these models, especially when they come from such a money hungry company as EA? I understand that they're made by the community, but they probably come from different designers and we can't be sure which of them allow to re-use their models and which don't :(

Either way, you are converting these models to .nif somehow to make them work in EE2?

For Winter textures, there are several files to be edited:

folder zips:
DbSeasonalTextureSets_Tropical.csv
DbSeasonalTextureSets_Tundra.csv
DbSeasonalTextureSets_Arid.csv
DbSeasonalTextureSets_Temperate.csv

For example lines:

Code: Select all

hospital_diff,hospital_diff_wi.tga hospital_diff_wi.tga hospital_diff_wi.tga hospital_diff.tga hospital_diff.tga hospital_diff.tga hospital_diff.tga hospital_diff.tga hospital_diff.tga hospital_diff.tga hospital_diff.tga hospital_diff.tga 
scifihospital,scifihospital_wi.tga scifihospital_wi.tga scifihospital_wi.tga scifihospital.tga scifihospital.tga scifihospital.tga scifihospital.tga scifihospital.tga scifihospital.tga scifihospital.tga scifihospital.tga scifihospital.tga 
So simply adding textures with _wi.tga ending should do the job. Then based on the existing file which represents months you can define which texture is loaded from January to December.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Wojtek

Post by Wojtek »

Sorry for a late reply. I was really busy with work.

I don't know how EA treats their models and textures. I do know the zoo building is from Age of Empires III. It's a stable. I even recognized the mesh and I reckon it was unedited because I can see some badly-shaped models, probably parts of a different mesh who knows. Where did you take the models and textures for the new units and buildings from? I know some of them (epoch 15) were taken from EEIII. By the way EEIII is such a bad game...

I use nifscope to load the original model, export it to Milkshape. Then I load the new model over the EEII one and adjust the dimensions to fit the grid. Sometimes I have to fix the textures. Then I export the new model and replace the original one and replace it in the zip file.

I tried to create the winter texture, but it didn't work. Do I have to actually make any changes to the _wi.tga (add some white areas to the textures or what) or does it have to be a clone of the default one?

Oh, by the way. I didn't like the previous western house for epochs 11-12, so I used the italian block model.
EE2X_ScreenShot_2023-09-06_20.21.04.429.jpg
EE2X_ScreenShot_2023-09-06_20.21.04.429.jpg (585.99 KiB) Viewed 701 times
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Some models in UP1.5 come from different EE2 mods, such as Iwanicki's Realistic Mod.

Yes, you would need to add the snow to the different texture.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Wojtek

Post by Wojtek »

Alright, still haven't figured out how to add winter textures. I simply have no time for this BUT
I do have time for testing new buildings. Two days ago I created a new house for epochs 13-14. I converted the 3 EEIII western houses (ages: ancient, medieval and colonial) into EEII.
BTW, I wanted to give EEIII a chance but this game is simply unplayable and too boring. How on Earth did they release something like this? I never thought I would hate unit voices so much. They are so irritating and silly.
@Dr.MonaLisa, I read about your argument with Iwanicki. Sorry to hear. Well, we simply have to let go and move forward.

@Loewenherz I may send you those models, but there are no winter textures. I also want to know where exactly you're planning to use them.

New models:
EE2X_ScreenShot_2023-09-24_00.17.34.435.jpg
EE2X_ScreenShot_2023-09-24_00.17.34.435.jpg (332.52 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

The funniest part is that a citizen will take 3 windows of this house with the current EE2 scales.
@Dr.MonaLisa, I read about your argument with Iwanicki. Sorry to hear. Well, we simply have to let go and move forward.
I'm not sure what you mean? I never had arguments with Iwanicki. He was always friendly and helpful to me. Where did you read such a thing?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Spotlight”