Create named group via script

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
Gonzalo

Create named group via script

Post by Gonzalo »

Hi, this question is directed to Dr. Mona and, why not? to Loewenherz, which is a champion of "ancient" script. I used sometimes the command "CreateNamedGroupAtLocation()", but I can't remember, for it has been long time, the nature and order of the parameters, one is of course the unittype which will take a share in the group, another the string which stores the name of the group, and the X and Y position, and the player number. But I would like to have ahint on this command or at least some direction on how to use the Scripting Bible. I have seen scripts by other scenario designers with the command "CreateNamedGroupAt Area" or to create a unit inside other unit, but I am specially interested in the above mentioned com mand, for I think is very powerful to create surprises, reinforcements, ambushes etc in the game, with just a simple calculation of position coordinates in the map of the event. Help will be welcome, greetings to all.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Create named group via script

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

You didn't even try to look yourself to the scripting document, nor to the topic: viewtopic.php?t=5589

Otherwise why would you bring up non-existing functions up?

Programming or scripting is about using the existing functions, not the imaginary ones.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Gonzalo

Re: Create named group via script

Post by Gonzalo »

You are lovely, as always. I used this function long ago, its not imaginary. But I think it was triggered by "CreateNamedUnitAtLocation".

Return to “Questions”