edit the amount of resources in deposits

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
Pavluxa000

edit the amount of resources in deposits

Post by Pavluxa000 »

Hello. please tell me how to edit files:

1) edit resource deposits with infinite, well, let's say 10,000 amounts
2) the appearance of units that were hired in the previous era did not change when changing the era.
3) so that in the new era in the workshop / barracks, units of the old eras would be available for purchase. Thank you

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: edit the amount of resources in deposits

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

1) is some resources level files in zips/db.zip or zips/db_155.zip in UP1.5

The 2/3 is impossible without heavily modifications as these units get auto upgraded and don't have separate unit types. It's usually the same unit type over epochs, not a separate one
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Pavluxa000

Post by Pavluxa000 »

thanks for the answer. with resources I found the answer on the forum. I also understood about points 2 and 3. But, there are such units in the workshop as a siege tower and a ram. If I'm not mistaken, these units are 2-5 eras. in the 6th era they disappear from sale. They are not replaced by anything. how can you leave these units in the 6-7 era
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Problem is, they would cost tin (unless you changed it). I'm not sure which file decides about disappearance. Something with "techtree" in name, or "upgradeunittypes". I will check it later when I'm on computer, but I might forget about it, so please feel free to reply again in this topic so I get notification.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Pavluxa000

Post by Pavluxa000 »

Thank you. I will remind you. And another question, taking this opportunity: Before creating a random map in the game menu, where you can select the scale in numbers. There is such an indicator as "random seed:" there is some documentation on how to use this item. what numbers to choose? I would like a map with more mountains.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Random seed is... some factor that decides how random the map is. It's not like we can determine the number of mountains or something by this number. However, this number can help players to use the same randomly generated map more times. So it's just a number to make the map random. There was a bug in EE2 before, where sometimes random seed was setting itself to 1, and players were getting the same map. In 1.5 I initially added a box to determine if random seed is different than 1 (manually). With later updates it was also fixed to set a random number when "1" is detected. In fact, when you manually set 1 it will be a random number on game start. So testing how random seed works should be done from 2+. The random seed used in games can currently only be checked on the multiplayer rating log page: https://ee2.eu/multiplayer/rating
It's so the Ministry of Game Affairs can detect if host players aren't cheating with it, and settings the known seed for their favor.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Questions”