Map Editor Seasons

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
fullmetalarmour

Map Editor Seasons

Post by fullmetalarmour »

Hi one question i am trying to make a scenario but the month is always July and don't change i know it will change if you play Skirmish is there possible to make the same thing in the map editor?

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Map Editor Seasons

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi. This can only be done by the .IES scripting: viewtopic.php?t=5589

The "SetCurrentMonth" function should do the job
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
These users thanked the author Dr.MonaLisa for the post:
fullmetalarmour
fullmetalarmour

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 18:52 Hi. This can only be done by the .IES scripting: viewtopic.php?t=5589

Sorry to ask how do i do .IES scripting is there some separate file i have to create?

Added after 1 hour 4 minutes 33 seconds:
Tried copy paste into a .ies file nothing works there is no documentation is there no script that works i can download?
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

I'll just copy Mad Doc's description. I will write about it in more detail in my tutorial at some point.

-------------

Immediately below is a model for an .ies script which you will write and attach to a map to make a scenario. To make an .ies file simply rename any text file extension (.txt) to .ies. Copy the sample script below into that file so you can have a format to follow. Once you are ready to test your script put it in your "My Documents\Empire Earth II\scripts" folder. Then go into the map editor, load up your map and go to Mission Properties. There you can attach the script to the map by clicking the IES button and selecting your script from the list. The editor will attempt to parse your script and, if it finds any errors, will give you a message regarding what's broken. Each time you change your script in any way, you MUST reload it in the editor to make sure the scenario is playing with the most recent version. When you save the scenario after selecting a script, that script will now attempt to run every time that scenario is played.

Two sample scripts and scenario files are included. They are named:

Boston.scn
Boston.ies
ScriptExampleTutorial1.scn
ScriptExampleTutorial1.ies
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

fullmetalarmour wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 20:13
Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 18:52 Hi. This can only be done by the .IES scripting: viewtopic.php?t=5589

Sorry to ask how do i do .IES scripting is there some separate file i have to create?

Added after 1 hour 4 minutes 33 seconds:
Tried copy paste into a .ies file nothing works there is no documentation is there no script that works i can download?

I think you will find all required information in this post: viewtopic.php?p=25423#p25423 and viewtopic.php?p=20389#p20389

And a guide how to load .ies in game: viewtopic.php?p=19687#p19687
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
fullmetalarmour

Ok it worked but opposite to what i wanted i wanted the calendar to progress not to change to November i think the topic was about that too.

Added after 6 minutes 9 seconds:
Ok i managed to get it to work just put in PauseCalendar(false)
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Yes, you can put many other functions to set the game as you like with .IES scripts. Like set the maximum population for example.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Questions”