Jansenn(Russens) reported for toxic behaviour

New EE2 Government (since: 01.03.2014), everything about the EE2 management. You can report other players here.
Gnoo

Jansenn(Russens) reported for toxic behaviour

Post by Gnoo »

Here I am - finding myself forced to write my first report.

The following screenshot of the support chat speaks for itself, I suppose? I will be ready to answer further questions if necessary...
20210823_211526.jpg
20210823_211526.jpg (280.01 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
The player Jansenn/Russens for some reason (maybe because I happen to be German?) kept on calling me „Prof.Fegelein“ in the lobby. I never said anything about it, because I thought he might stop doing it by himself, if I just ignore it and „the joke“ gets boring to him.

But then he suddenly abused the support chat for insulting me for hosting and playing games with the sets I prefer, which is ridiculous as no one forces him to play my sets:
#612356DB432A16B7.png
#612356DB432A16B7.png (149.21 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
https://www.ee2.eu/multiplayer/rating/? ... DB432A16B7

In my reply I thought it might be a good moment to spill the beans, that I also don't appreciate him calling me this way.

Maybe I could have been asking a little more politly, but I wanted him to know, that if he wouldn't stop it, that it would have consequenses. His provocation only 5 minutes after I warned him has now prompted me to do the report. During his provocation he was actually playing a game I was observing and instead of concentrating on the game he had nothing better to do than provoking me by abusing the support chat again.

I think one week of mute should be appropriate as a punishment, unless he honestly apolagises and never calls me this way again.

(Fegelein:
was a high-ranking commander in the Waffen-SS of Nazi Germany. He was a member of Adolf Hitler's entourage and brother-in-law to Eva Braun through his marriage to her sister Gretl.)
Last edited by Gnoo on 24 Aug 2021, 00:16, edited 2 times in total.

Gnoo

Re: Jansenn (Russens) reportet for toxic behaviour

Post by Gnoo »

Even after reporting him (he might not have noticed it yet), he is still going on to call me this way in the currently running game KennetRP Vs. Grenotчka...
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-08-23_22.14.12.106.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-08-23_22.14.12.106.jpg (334.11 KiB) Viewed 1623 times
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I had to google up who Fegelein is.

Insults on the Support Chat are never welcome. It gives a bad impression for players who are opening the Support Chat to get game-related help.

Since the Support Chat is some kind of "my property", I decided to ban player "Russens" from the Support Chat, without waiting for the decision of the Department of Justice.

If player "Russens" wants to get unbanned from the Support Chat, he will have to finish the hand-writting punishment. Let's see if he's interested.

For the other things, I am not qualified enough to decide, that's why the case has been forwarded to the Department of Justice. The important part to verify would be if Prof.Noob has really asked Russens to stop calling him "Prof. Fegelein". I would personally find it funny, but I am not German so it's a different point of view on these things. I also didn't read the history of Fegelein fully (except of some first wikipedia lines). The whole situation is problematic, because I would enjoy being compared to some cruel character (since I vanish players in game pretty hard), but if it's about medical experiments on people or other similar things then that's above the limit.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Gnoo

Post by Gnoo »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 22:49 The important part to verify would be if Prof.Noob has really asked Russens to stop calling him "Prof. Fegelein".
I already provided evidence by posting the screenshot of the support chat. 5 minutes after "I dared him" he did it again to provoke me.
Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 22:49 I would enjoy being compared to some cruel character (since I vanish players in game pretty hard), but if it's about medical experiments on people or other similar things then that's above the limit.
"Fegelein was considered a ruthless opportunist & is associated with numerous war crimes. During the Battle of Berlin Hitler's brother-in-law was executed for alleged desertion."

I would never desert! ;p
Last edited by Gnoo on 24 Aug 2021, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Gnoo wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 23:11 I already provided evidence by posting the screenshot of the support chat. 5 minutes after "I dared him" he did it again to provoke me.
This one doesn't convince me that you had problems being called this way before he insulted you out of nowhere on the Support Chat. So we would need to dig deeper across the chat logs.

The funny thing is that it doesn't need to convince me, since it's not my problem anymore, witch11.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gnoo

Post by Gnoo »

This one doesn't convince me that you had problems being called this way before he insulted you out of nowhere on the Support Chat. So we would need to dig deeper across the chat logs.
You can dig as deep as you want to, but won't find anything, because I never told him before.
As I already mentioned: it was my first attempted strategy to simply ignore it, until he gets bored of his own "joke".
But what does it even matter, though?
When I finally told him, he ignored it and provoked me 2 more times, already. As I proved: once in support chat and once in game.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Gnoo wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 23:54 You can dig as deep as you want to, but won't find anything, because I never told him before.
As I already mentioned it was my first attempted strategy to simply ignore it until he gets bored of his own "joke".
But what does it even matter, though?
When I finally told him, he ignored it and provoked me 2 more times, already. As I proved once in support chat and once in game.
Thanks for saving our time. We won't be trying to find these messages then.

For me it matters, because it has symptoms of a typical Karen's behaviour. Sometimes "ignoring" can be considered as an acceptation of the bad behaviour. Russens probably didn't know that it's offending you THAT much. When a drama escalated, because he insulted you in such a high-reputation place as Support Chat, then you automatically tried to bring back more of his bad behaviours in order to make the report topic sound stronger (and possibly with the higher chance for the punishment). His second message on the Support Chat was repeating the "insult" because that's just the first time he read that you disagree with it. So it was another trolling attempt.

What I'm trying to say is that whenever players disagree with something, then should give strong signal and "NO" to the bully players. I know I sound hypocritic because I do the same (collecting stuff on players before I explode enough to make a report topic), however whenever I don't like something on Lobby, I am not ignoring but giving strong signals that it's unacceptable.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Matty

Re: Jansenn(Russens) reported for toxic behaviour

Post by Matty »

Hi prof! Thanks for your report!

As Mona has already pointed out being called like that is not a clear offense: someone might be even happy to be compared to a famous general, even if an evil one.

It is a joke which not everyone would accept, especially a German person, so everything comes down to his intentions. Was he trying to joke around to hurt you or was he doing that without realizing you would take it seriously?
It's true that you have already told him to not be called like that ever again, but given the fact you said nothing before and then you went from 0 to 100, that might be interpreted as a joke answer of yours, which just pretended to be serious.

Maybe he didn't care at all whether you got offended by that joke, which is punishable, but I like to give the benefit of the doubt.
It doesn't matter though. Let him see this report and, at that point, if he keeps hurting you with that joke he might receive even a heavier punishment than a 7-days-fullmute, considering he was already warned about it.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I'd like to add that if he decides to remove his Support Chat ban by the hand-writting punishment: I'll make sure to add some long apology for "Fegelein" to it, so his hand will hurt more.

EDIT:
Please also note that he called you "Fegelein" on the Support Chat, after you said you don't like it. But he has already been banned from the Support Chat, so there is currently no reason to think about the mute on Multiplayer Lobby. I hope it's understandable. Only in very serious cases bans/mutes are issues between "services". Even when someone is banned / muted on the Lobby, I usually don't limit his access to the Support Chat.

EDIT 2:
And also I'd like to mention that I know Russens for many years (he was active on the Support Chat since it was created in the Launcher, probably in 2015). So I'm not worrying about him being "toxic" or causing problems for the community activity. I am giving my "trust" credit to him this time.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gnoo

Post by Gnoo »

Thank you!
These objective thoughts gave me some new point of views about how my sudden demand to stop it, might have been misinterpreted as some sort of wisecrack. Even though I doubt that one, who out of nothing had done such serious insult („what a cunt“), simply for unloved settings, would expect me to react jokingly.

Anyway I am sorry for not making it clear much earlier to Jansenn, that I didn't appreciate the „Fegelein-Gate“. Probably because I felt, that he kinda meant it in a positive way, but man: Fegelein was what you could really call a „cunt“! And Jansenn seems to be historically educated or at least very interested in it. So he should know!

When I read Jansenn's post on the support chat, I probably felt betrayed, especially after I enjoyed chatting to Jansenn the hours right beforehead and was shocked about such kind of rude underhandedness.
I am still quite confused about this.

Return to “Ministry of Game Affairs of the Empire Earth II Community”