Is it possible to have opponent's map revealed after game start?

General Talking for all forum users.
Coo1

Is it possible to have opponent's map revealed after game start?

Post by Coo1 »

I would like to know if it is possible to change "something" so the other player can see the opponent's movement, map, buildings, etc.?
In my latest games it seems that some movements and units strategic location(s) from certain players are so "correct" that it seem unrealistic.
In previous game "Age of Empires" there was such a "trainer" which allowed player to see other player's units and map. I do know because I quit the game immediately after I used it once.
I wonder if something could happen in this game?
Something is not clear to me....

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Is it possible to have opponent's map revealed after game start?

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

No, this is not possible.

Any "toggle fog" cheat (if cheats are enabled on the Multiplayer setup screen) works globally for all players in game.

Using a game trainer in EE2 1.5 would result in "Out of Sync" error, and the game would simply pause.

The game is simulated on every player's computer, and the checksums of "ticks" are compared. Whenever some player modifies game memory, the calculated checksum mismatches and the host player instantly forces an Out of Sync error. Except of some (fixed) game glitches that EE2 had, the Multiplayer system was developed in a very smart way, that other games should learn from. The negative side of it is ping based on the player with the highest ping in game. There can be 8 players in a game room with ping < 100, and 1 player from a different continent with ping 300, and all players will feel the delay of 300 ms.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Matty

Post by Matty »

Hi Coo1,
I don't know if you wrote this topic before or after you gave your aplogies after watching playback but I'm replying you anyways even because I'd like to clear it once and for all.
There isnt anything like that in ee2, as others can confirm. If there was an obs this could potentially send flares to help a party but you can also check this on playback. Other than this you dont have to be worried.
What I do not undertand instead is why you always think other players see your moves, even when there is absolutely nothing that makes thinking so.
If I wasn't that player against which you played and for which you made this topic, I would still tell you that such a thing is not possible, but still I would think something odd really happened that made you think so. Instead, in our game there was literally nothing suspicious to justify these doubts you have. Just to make others understand:

Game started and I manually sent scout diagonally (map was secret). Coo1 wasn't there so I sent scout upwards and Coo1 was there. At that point Coo1 started telling me I was really fast to find him, as if I knew his moves. I kinda ignored the thing and kept playing.
Game went on and at a certain point I decided to build a warehouse near a forest in front of my territory and so I sent my army near that place so that citizens couldnt be attacked in case he attacked with his army, even because knowing mine and his location I knew he would have come from that direction unless he did some unusual flank attacks. At a certain point he attacked me with a clearly smaller army compared to mine (since he spent resources getting 2nd territory) and realizing that he moved back his army back and rage quitted saying I was seeing his moves.

I don't understand... which were my choices that made you think that I could see any of your moves that i wasn't expected to see? Because all the choices I have done were kinda obvious. It's not like I'll rally point my army to face the sea in a pangea map. At the same time I wasnt even "lucky" to find you right away with the scout, because the scout went diagonally before, and since you were not there the scout was sent upwards only after. But it's not like it made such a difference getting there 1 minute before or later, with game starting with 0 citizens. Also, if I can help you analyzing the game, you didn't lose due to the position of my army, you lost because you rushed 2nd cc too early and so I had bigger army. For this reason it wasnt even recommended to attack me, unless your goal was to kill some of my citizens. Even then, however, the army gap would have been very soon enough to win it. Indeed if you didnt attack me I would have sent my army to your territories very soon.

As I said, Coo1 gave me his apologies which I accepted. At the same time this is not the first time Coo1 accuses other players of the same thing and that he apologizes after enough evidence proving the opposite. That's why I decided to write this message. To try to convince him, once and for all, that it's just him making up excuses. Also, if he stopped doing that, I'm sure more players would be more willing to play his nice settings.
IndieRock00

Post by IndieRock00 »

Come on, don't take it! Do not give weight to this false accusation, you know the truth! It also doesn't seem nice to me to diagnose diseases publicly

Ops. Wrong post. But same topic
Long life and prosperity. 🖖
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

This becomes another level of absurd.

Every RTS (and not only) game is about predicting enemy's moves. That's one of the basic points of the strategy...
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
NadiaThomson

Post by NadiaThomson »

Not really, it's impossible to do so.
These users thanked the author NadiaThomson for the post:
IndieRock00
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

What are you referring to? Question in the topic or my previous post?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “General Talking”