My scenarios for Empire Earth 2

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: My scenarios for Empire Earth 2

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks for confirmation.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hey Loew.

Bogdan contacted me with a new issue regarding the updated scenarios:
2022-09-19 232558.png
2022-09-19 232558.png (3.93 KiB) Viewed 19617 times
2022-09-20 000754.png
2022-09-20 000754.png (3.9 KiB) Viewed 19617 times
Well, that’s the strange part, because all objectives are fine in my script and it worked for me… Somehow when scenarios are transferred to the patch things from the script were missing?
Do you maybe know what could be the issue?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Hello Loew!

Here's the .ies script for Byzantium scenario:
Byzantium_script.zip
(5.11 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Could you please put it in the map editor yourself and see if an error appears when any objectives are done? (for example, loss conditions, just delete the leader and see if the error occurs) Because now when I’m sending Mona .scn files, something is wrong…
Thanks!

UPD: this issue is present in other scenarios too
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

I'll have a look when I get a chance. But it looks like the script has changed and is no longer compatible with the .ddf file for the mission.
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

I will fix the problem at the weekend.
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Do you have the latest .IES files from Bogdan with the fixes applied? What was the issue? Why these objectives differ in DDF and the IES files? I quite don't understand what is going on with these scenarios. I thought they weren't edited by other players than the author (Bogdan), but now it seems they were?

Bogdan, did you recently edit the objective names, or something related to it in .IES?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Hello Mona! No, I only fixed constants last time as you told. Objectives names were not changed. I already wrote to Loew on this and I will also leave it here:
Bogdan scripts.zip
(11.63 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
In this archive are all my scripts as I see them, so I hope that Loew will figure this out, what is different in our versions
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

So in zips\db_155.zip\db\Campaigns\OtherScenarios\Bogdan_SaveByzantium\Bogdan_SaveByzantium.ddf

The objective names are:
obj_bogdan_savebyzantium_1
obj_bogdan_savebyzantium_2
obj_bogdan_savebyzantium_3

...and so on.

Why they differ in the .IES scripts and the DDF, and why it worked fine before. Did you edit these .ies scripts before, Loew? If yes, why didn't attach the updated versions?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

I have adapted the names of the objectives, because Mad Doc recommended that the names of the objectives should be as categorical as possible, i.e. assigned to a campaign or a group of missions. Each mission objective should therefore only appear once in the DB, because otherwise there could be errors when assigning them.

I also did not expect the missions to be revised again and thought that this was the final version.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

OK, so you edited the .iES files in order to make new objective names match it.

That makes it more clear now what the issue is. Thanks for sharing the information.

Next time, please always attach updated .ies scripts when anything is updated in them. This way we avoid problems where multiple people are working on the same file, and each one of them is editing a different one.

EDIT. I'm still a bit confused about the discussion since this post: viewtopic.php?p=27254#p27254
Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 10 May 2022, 00:08 .ies scripts are not included in UP1.5. I downloaded it from your first post in this topic. So I don't know if they're the newest versions or not.

Yes, setting ints should probably go to INITIALIZATION section. Whichever works should be fine. Just important to be above function calls.

EDIT: Hmm, was Loew editing these scenarios? I don't think so, but worth to confirm.
Bogdan wrote: 10 May 2022, 01:03 Yes, he did edit them. So if scripts are not with the game.. Where are they? :D
Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 10 May 2022, 10:08 .IES scripts are loaded to the scenario file (and kind of compiled). So it's impossible to extract them.
[...]
Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 11 May 2022, 22:17 Let's wait for Loew to confirm these things.
Loewenherz wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 10:52 I have not changed anything in the scenarios. The only thing I did was to insert them into the database system of Empire Earth 2 to display the scenarios in the campaign menu.
Bogdan wrote: 12 Jun 2022, 17:35 In this case, Mona, could you please update scenarios' scripts for the next update?
So at least not my fault, because I intentionally waited for the confirmation from both users lol.

Added after 11 minutes 29 seconds:
I think the simples way to solve this case now would be:

- Loew, please attach the most recent .IES scripts of Bogdan's scenarios which you have, with the correct objective names.

- Bogdan, could you please apply your recent improvements to the .IES files edited by Loew, and then load them to scenarios and send me back?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”