Unofficial Patch 1.5 - New Texts Source Translation System

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
IndieRock00

Re: Unofficial Patch 1.5 - New Texts Source Translation System

Post by IndieRock00 »

OK thanks. Still doesn't working.. Idk if I forgot something. In TextsSourceTranslation_Italian.txt I added the translation line immediately after those already written. Maybe I was wrong to edit the translations in the this file. I can't think of anything else.
Long life and prosperity. 🖖

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Have you unpacked new Launcher files as well, from the archive attached in the first post (EE2.exe, EE2X.exe)?
Could you maybe attach the file you translated here, just to make sure it's fine?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
IndieRock00

Post by IndieRock00 »

The file. Yes, I copyed EE2.exe, EE2X.exe In "Sierra" folder and Copyed "ScreenResolutionsTextsAll.txt" "TextsSource.txt" (+ "TextsSourceTranslation_Italian.txt" commited by me) In "EXEGeneratorData" Folder
Attachments
TextsSourceTranslation_Italian.txt
(7.86 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thank you.
It seems to work fine for me:
EE2_ScreenShot154.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot154.jpg (254.14 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
Could you please test if after you delete "zips\dbtext_cheats.utf8", then start game (to re-generate it), if new created "zips\dbtext_cheats.utf8" has translated lines inside? For example search for "tx_key_build_radar" and see if it's "Costruisci Radar (1.5)", or still "Build Radar (1.5)".
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
IndieRock00

Post by IndieRock00 »

Okay, I'm stupid. I didn't understand anything about what we were working on. I looked at the names in the game screen and not at the quick-select button configuration. However it works for me too.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I don't think you're stupid. Those "patch" things are not documented anywhere. Probably only I knew how it works since 2014. The variables you started translating are actually used by myhotkeys.csv file, so they show up in the Hotkeys settings :) More you translate, more things will show up.
When you arrive at the "tx_up15_sp_crownsenabled" part (many items with similar text), please copy it's content to an empty file and try to use "Find and Replace" feature in Notepad++. So then you can translate partially.

And once again, thanks for your time spent on it. Please remember there is no time limit, just continue when you can / want to. Treat it more like a hobby :)

And one more thing. When I was translating:
vtt_unit_tractor,"""Tractor can harvest FOOD from FARMS. The Tractor gathers food for at least 200 percent faster than citizen. This unit has been added in <b><color green>Unofficial Patch 1.5</color></b>"""
I changed it in Polish to sound like:
Tractor can harvest FOOD from FARMS, at least 200 percent faster than citizens
Some texts should be actually corrected to sound more clear, but I didn't have time on that. What I'm saying, you can make sentences sound better, no need to translate word-by-word. For "Titanic" description you can copy from Italian wikipedia as well.

And the important thing will be "Anti-Missiles System". Please google to find out how exactly it's called in Italian. I was doing it by searching on the English wikipedia, then clicking a different language from the list on the left, and it was showing the article in different language, with the correct name used.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
IndieRock00

Post by IndieRock00 »

Perfect, thanks to you! I will continue with the translation in the coming days. And I will adapt the translation based on my interpretation.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I forgot to write earlier, but it was mentioned in UP1.5 Minor Updates changes list.

The full UP1.5 Texts Translation is now available for Italian language, thanks to IndieRock00.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
FoxTunez

Post by FoxTunez »

I'll help with German Translation :)

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”