New PATCH idea

General Talking for all forum users.
GPMH

New PATCH idea

Post by GPMH »

I've been looking for an option into the game to turn off the flags of the buildings similar to the one that turns off the crowns, but I noticed there isn't such thing as that. Therefore I thought it would be an interesting option to add for the next patch if possible. In my opinion, it would be an important option for those who want to play slow RP games without those ant roads of units that take the realistic roleplay down.
I loved everything Unofficial Patch has and I appreciate all the work made to keep this awesome game alive :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: New PATCH idea

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi. Options like this are extremely time consuming. An option to "disable crowns system and leaders" took multiple updates and heavily modified game files. For a long time it also had crashes, not working state on game saves etc.
So I don't think I'll ever again focus on something like this, especially when the normal EE2 doesn't have flags and is more used than expansion pack.

If it was about a 1 modification I woul add it without doubt, but this requires too many changes and too much time, that's why I'm being honest.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
ndcasmera

Post by ndcasmera »

Hey guys,
Do u know any way to prevent the AI from going to higher Epochs?
I want to make a game scenario mode inwhich u play as an “advanced” civ with really low pop against hordes of “early” civs with high population.
But i cant get the AI to stop advancing.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Unfortunately, It is impossible by modding / scripting. The only solution would be a custom game pace with extremely expensive epoch advancing costs and slow technology points gather ratio.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
ndcasmera

Post by ndcasmera »

Hey,
I stumbled on a bug that makes the game crash. (atleast multiplayer, i dont know if it crashes on skirmish either)

When converting an wild animal (both times it was a bear) the game crashes.
When u set an priest on wandering with automatic convert, they convert any enemy (also wild animals) and that crashes the game.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi ndcasmera. Do you play EE2 or EE2: AOS?
Priests should not convert wild animals. Maybe those are animals produced in the "ZOO" building?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
ndcasmera

Post by ndcasmera »

it was on AOS, (the dlc version). i dont know if they where builded in the "zoo" building but i dont think so, because it was early game and i was playing with an friend against 2 AI players. and the game crashed 2 times while converting an (i think wild) bear in the game.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks! I managed to reproduce this crash.
I think it was detected and fixed earlier with: https://www.ee2.eu/patch/changes/#157024
[157024 - 2019-11-13 - Type: Critical & Feature Update]:
- Fixed a game crash on EE2: AOS that occurred after selecting a Bear produced in the ZOO. This crash started after the "Tundra" update, where Bears are additionally used as predator animals.
Basically, "Tundra" bears have been separated from the "ZOO" bears (different Unit Type) in order to fix it. So now, when priests convert the Tundra Bear, it gets the same crash as before, when it was produced in the ZOO. I'll try to disable converting possibility for Tundra Bears, then it should be fine. Hopefully the "convert" cheat won't work on them either. So this crash should be fixed in the next Minor Update, most likely released in August 2020.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
ndcasmera

Post by ndcasmera »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 23 Jul 2020, 22:32 Thanks! I managed to reproduce this crash.
I think it was detected and fixed earlier with: https://www.ee2.eu/patch/changes/#157024
[157024 - 2019-11-13 - Type: Critical & Feature Update]:
- Fixed a game crash on EE2: AOS that occurred after selecting a Bear produced in the ZOO. This crash started after the "Tundra" update, where Bears are additionally used as predator animals.
Basically, "Tundra" bears have been separated from the "ZOO" bears (different Unit Type) in order to fix it. So now, when priests convert the Tundra Bear, it gets the same crash as before, when it was produced in the ZOO. I'll try to disable converting possibility for Tundra Bears, then it should be fine. Hopefully the "convert" cheat won't work on them either. So this crash should be fixed in the next Minor Update, most likely released in August 2020.
Thanks, if i stumble upon more bugs or things, i will certainly let u know.
keep up the good work! i rlly love it.

Return to “General Talking”