.pcpatch files in EE2

Discussion About Modding, Changes Ideas, etc.
Loewenherz

.pcpatch files in EE2

Post by Loewenherz »

I've have worked with these files on this weekend. It seems that the file are responsible for the playercolors from the texures. Of course the texture_pc make that, (PC is the synonym for PlayerColor), but the pcpatch file is responsible, that the texture not forgott the playercolor, if the User set down the texture details. And without this files, is the game very slowly by loading and it lags. But that is just complette without that files, when you erease there in the texture zip.

In the pcpcache folder are 11 files for ervery Unit texture, named with letters from A to K , for every player color in ee2. The 11 is black for the world player i think. Nifscope can export pcpatch files to tga, but the tga has no colors more. Mostly have the files a high from 1 and with from round 10000 pixels. So, i think that is a color table. Nifscope say, the the pcpatch files are NiPixelData (unknown 8-bit 1-dimensional textures?). The game loads as replacement tga grafic files, but it bugs. No wonder, if no right stuff in there.

Can a user say more over this files? I think, the only hope is that the niftools delevoper update his program, so that we can export that better to a tga. But, the texture bug are not so bad. I was only too much a perfectionist. :mrgreen:
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: .pcpatch files in EE2

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I have a feeling that I saw some configuration command to re-generate .pcpatch files. Unfortunately it's not easy to find it "in-fly".

For now, I've seen something like this:
pcpcache.PNG
pcpcache.PNG (71.24 KiB) Viewed 2445 times
Interesting commands might be:

Code: Select all

g_UseMorpher=1
g_LODGenerationThresholdCount=100
g_AutoCacheNifs=1
g_CreateLODs=1
g_UsePatches=1
g_CachePlayerColorTextures=1
g_NoTexture=0
g_AutoCacheTexture=1
Most interesting is "g_CachePlayerColorTextures". I guess setting it to 0 (in myconfig.cfg) would disable pcpatch reading totally. It maybe could give possibilities to add new colors to game.

EDIT:
Interesting change is: "s_exclusivePlayerColorsInScenarioEditor=0". It allows to use the same color for multiple players in the Map Editor.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Loewenherz

Re: .pcpatch files in EE2

Post by Loewenherz »

Thanks for the answer. I have successfully edit a pcpatch file with a Hex Editor. It's not impossible to create such a file. It's a simple color file with values, that circumscribes the position of the pc texture in a tga or texcache texture. The game assign automatically this files, if there name correct with a letter, to a unit texture.

For this file to writte a tool, is hard work and only for very boring future, in there the patch is nearly complete. So long users should not change in a running game the texture detail. :lol: I dont think, that the ee2.exe can generate such files. But all in all, its good that this Thread exist. ;)
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160

Return to “Discussion”