I'm looking for all language files of all Empire Earth 2 and Empire Earth 2: The Art of Supremacy versions.

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: I'm looking for all language files of all Empire Earth 2 and Empire Earth 2: The Art of Supremacy versions.

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

WeerW3ir wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 12:57 Cool! :D
the question is now that. do i need the language changer too? or i can just install the patch and thats it?
UP1.5 in general is compatible with all languages, thanks to the "changed files structure". It means that UP1.5 never overwrites files unique for selected languages. So if you have in Hungarian already - don't need to use the Language Changer.

The new "files structure" is often disliked by modders, but it has more advantages in my opinion and thanks to it the patch was always compatible with all languages.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

WeerW3ir

Re: I'm looking for all language files of all Empire Earth 2 and Empire Earth 2: The Art of Supremacy versions.

Post by WeerW3ir »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 13:01
WeerW3ir wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 12:57 Cool! :D
the question is now that. do i need the language changer too? or i can just install the patch and thats it?
UP1.5 in general is compatible with all languages, thanks to the "changed files structure". It means that UP1.5 never overwrites files unique for selected languages. So if you have in Hungarian already - don't need to use the Language Changer.

The new "files structure" is often disliked by modders, but it has more advantages in my opinion and thanks to it the patch was always compatible with all languages.
Excelsior!

Just one last question. With what can you edit the language files? So maybe i could translate 1-2 thing for myself :p
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Just one last question. With what can you edit the language files? So maybe i could translate 1-2 thing for myself :p
Do you mean UP1.5 stuff, or AOS audio?
For AOS audio, you can simply open "zips_ee2x\EE2X_sounds.zip" with WinRar (or other software). Then you can navigate to "EE2X_sounds.zip\Sounds_EE2X\VO\Unit" and simply overwrite MP3 files.
UP1.5 is a little bit more complicated, and modifications get overwritten after every Minor Update... so I don't recommend it.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
WeerW3ir

Post by WeerW3ir »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 14:13
Do you mean UP1.5 stuff, or AOS audio?
For AOS audio, you can simply open "zips_ee2x\EE2X_sounds.zip" with WinRar (or other software). Then you can navigate to "EE2X_sounds.zip\Sounds_EE2X\VO\Unit" and simply overwrite MP3 files.
UP1.5 is a little bit more complicated, and modifications get overwritten after every Minor Update... so I don't recommend it.
Nah. Audio is the last thing. i actually interested in text :D
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

WeerW3ir wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 14:41 Nah. Audio is the last thing. i actually interested in text :D
But 1.5 text or other game texts?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
WeerW3ir

Post by WeerW3ir »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 14:43
WeerW3ir wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 14:41 Nah. Audio is the last thing. i actually interested in text :D
But 1.5 text or other game texts?
1.5 one. from the patch. the new units, buildings etc.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hmm, I found an orientation here: viewtopic.php?p=23734#p23734

Basically if you edit that file, you Clear Cache by UP1.5 settings to recreate. However it gets overwriten after every minor update, so you need to keep backup of that file somewhere and edit again after minor updates. Some of them add entries so it's not good to only copy-paste :(
Sorry if unclear, I'm writing on the phone.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”