I'm looking for all language files of all Empire Earth 2 and Empire Earth 2: The Art of Supremacy versions.

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
WeerW3ir

Re: I'm looking for all language files of all Empire Earth 2 and Empire Earth 2: The Art of Supremacy versions.

Post by WeerW3ir »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 06:05 I didn't have a chance to check it yet, but it's strange what you wrote. Did they release normal EE2 with Hungarian voices and not AOS? AOS reads 90% of audio files from the EE2 folders. Therefore they should work the same way.
For the other translation requests they are unrealistic. How am I supposed to translate to a language I don't know (especially voices???) ? Skipping the fact that Language Changer description clearly mentions that it's a collection of the official game languages, and we don't provide fans translations.
The first game+exp, and the 2nd base game was fully translated by the same studio who gave it out. The expansion dosent got much love and wasnt came out alone. only in gold edition. back then i had to purchase that edition to get the expansion. the gold edition dosent had full translation. just text. but the text is the same with original fully translated one. the game. using 95% percent of the base game voices. only the zulu settlers speaks english and the campaign videos and such. in that case the Zulu settler voice lines can be changed by using the normal settler voices from south africa side.

About the voice changer. you clearly add the original files back to the game? but what about the new content, the buttons, the settings? are they stay english while rest of it is hungarian or russian, or burgarian etc. (probably the 5 mainlanguage is supported as usually...)
That is looks weird if you ask me. This is why i suggested i can help expanding the text to the patch . so it should be 98% hungarian XD

Last edited by WeerW3ir on 19 Jul 2019, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: I'm looking for all language files of all Empire Earth 2 and Empire Earth 2: The Art of Supremacy versions.

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Okay. That's more strange than I thought...

Could you please tell me where you bought EE2 / AOS? What's on CD/DVD? Does it mention anything about available languages?
Could you also visit Hungarian online stores and see if they're selling EE2 AOS (or EE2 Gold Edition) with full Hungarian audio?

I remember I asked a Hungarian player about language files few years ago. He said that he has texts in Hungarian, but all audio in English. So somehow, his "normal" EE2 had no Hungarian audio, even when it was a Hungarian distribution. So until your post I thought Hungarian version was Text only...
I think they must have created Hungarian VO for AOS. Otherwise it would be just stupid from the people responsible for distribution... Maybe we can get some more information.

EDIT: I wrote my post before I saw your new one.
About the voice changer. you clearly add the original files back to the game? but what about the new content, the buttons, the settings? are they stay english while rest of it is hungarian or russian, or burgarian etc. (probably the 5 mainlanguage is supported as usually...)
UP1.5 itself is English only. It speeds up development a lot. If I had to wait for people to translate every update changes, it would only complicate things.
However, in the Language Changer we bring official files (unmodified).

EDIT2:
In this photo you posted. What is says around the "HU" sign? It mentions it's Text only?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
WeerW3ir

Post by WeerW3ir »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 09:27 Okay. That's more strange than I thought...

Could you please tell me where you bought EE2 / AOS? What's on CD/DVD? Does it mention anything about available languages?
Could you also visit Hungarian online stores and see if they're selling EE2 AOS (or EE2 Gold Edition) with full Hungarian audio?

I remember I asked a Hungarian player about language files few years ago. He said that he has texts in Hungarian, but all audio in English. So somehow, his "normal" EE2 had no Hungarian audio, even when it was a Hungarian distribution. So until your post I thought Hungarian version was Text only...
I think they must have created Hungarian VO for AOS. Otherwise it would be just stupid from the people responsible for distribution... Maybe we can get some more information.
You think i remember where did i purchased it 14 years ago? :DDDD Gold edition was from a Media Markt for sure cuz i purchased that later. but the base game. hell. idk. 14 years ago i dont even knew what i did :D
Base edition was full hungarian. I suppose N-TEC KFT was the one who published it out here. While the expansion and gold edition was publlished by CD Project. (CENEGA now)

I just looked for retailers now and only one store selling it. literally one. its in english. they selling tthe gold edition, the base game and the exp. all english.

edit: red HU means hungarian text. flag with text means full hungarian.

edit2. aww. thats actually not good. my whole intention was to provide hungarian files to you guys so me, and the others can fully enjoy the patch in hungarian :D
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Can you please attach photos of those 3 boxes separately?

So on AOS box, there is a HU sign in a red circle. What's text around that circle? It says "full" or something like this?

Also, did you maybe find some information about EE2 distribution on some forums, etc.?

Sorry for so many questions (might be repeating) just want to make sure what to do.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
WeerW3ir

Post by WeerW3ir »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 09:46 Can you please attach photos of those 3 boxes separately?

So on AOS box, there is a HU sign in a red circle. What's text around that circle? It says "full" or something like this?

Also, did you maybe find some information about EE2 distribution on some forums, etc.?

Sorry for so many questions (might be repeating) just want to make sure what to do.
Spoiler
only one text on the red circle which says.: with Hungarian text. CD Project. with Hungarian text
I doubt there is any forum tho. ive seen some forums just now. and well. the last answer is 10 years old. and they are talked about 'why the f. the 1.2patch makes the cracked version crashing upon start' (literally translated it)
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Okay, thank you. So the first two photos are from the Gold Edition, and the last one is EE2 with full Hungarian language.

I'm thinking what to do in this case... There's low hope AOS audio in Hungarian exists, so we have following possibilities to include it to Language Changer:
1. Texts only (not adding audio/video at all)
2. Texts for EE2 and AOS + Audio/video for EE2 only (it can have some addition to language name in the installer)
3. Texts for EE2 and AOS + Videos EE2 only + Audio pseudo-translated by copying African region sounds from normal EE2 different region (I personally don't like this solution).

I think option number 2 would be the best in this case, since I'm trying to avoid "fan modifications" in the Language Changer. Maybe we could share fan-translated audio in the future in a separated topic.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
WeerW3ir

Post by WeerW3ir »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 10:17 Okay, thank you. So the first two photos are from the Gold Edition, and the last one is EE2 with full Hungarian language.

I'm thinking what to do in this case... There's low hope AOS audio in Hungarian exists, so we have following possibilities to include it to Language Changer:
1. Texts only (not adding audio/video at all)
2. Texts for EE2 and AOS + Audio/video for EE2 only (it can have some addition to language name in the installer)
3. Texts for EE2 and AOS + Videos EE2 only + Audio pseudo-translated by copying African region sounds from normal EE2 different region (I personally don't like this solution).

I think option number 2 would be the best in this case, since I'm trying to avoid "fan modifications" in the Language Changer. Maybe we could share fan-translated audio in the future in a separated topic.
No problem. and yeah. thats sounds correct.
Tho nobody would got hurt if you would add it as a possible 'unofficial addation'
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I tried to keep languages in unchanged form, as publishers made it. Didn't expect that AOS wouldn't be released with Hungarian audio, while base game was :/
Anyway that can be done in the future, maybe together with fan translations like Portuguese. No need to hurry. First it's better to fix "official stuff" and then mix with Unofficial stuff if needed.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

EE2, EE2X - Language Changer has been updated to version 1.0.2.000 to support Hungarian language (Text, Audio [EE2 only], Video [EE2 only]). Thanks to player WeerW3ir for providing files.
https://www.ee2.eu/download/languagechanger/
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
WeerW3ir

Post by WeerW3ir »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 12:35 EE2, EE2X - Language Changer has been updated to version 1.0.2.000 to support Hungarian language (Text, Audio [EE2 only], Video [EE2 only]). Thanks to player WeerW3ir for providing files.
https://www.ee2.eu/download/languagechanger/
Cool! :D
the question is now that. do i need the language changer too? or i can just install the patch and thats it?

edit.: also well. yeah. ask cd project why they not made it into full hungarian :I
Last edited by WeerW3ir on 19 Jul 2019, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”