EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.6 (2014+)

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.5 (2015)

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Cram42 wrote: Interestingly, I've got 2 PCs running 1.5.1, and they're having an issue with the old "Host has an incompatible installation. Executable differs." error when joining a game.

I'd imagine it's something to do with the screen resolutions being different, detecting a different set.
I've tried to change both to resolution set 12 in UnofficialVersionConfig.txt but they won't "re-compile" the exe after the change. How can I force them to use the same config and therefore have matching exe files?

Thanks I hope that makes sense.
Hello.
Did you copy files from the "Unofficial Patch Files\EnabledUP15Units" folder? (Default in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\Empire Earth II\). If yes, you will have to reinstall Unofficial Patch 1.5. If not - try to launch the game as an administrator (Click the right mouse button on EE2/EE2X.exe, and select: "Run as administrator" from the list.
It must be the problem on one of the computers that "Checksum in-RAM replacing system (so people with different executables are able to join each other in MP games)," doesn't work.

If you did some copy/paste with files, I'd recommend to reinstall the patch and see how it works. But first try to launch as administrator. If you need to launch game as administrator everytime you launch EE2, click with the right mouse button on EE2.exe (or EE2X.exe), select "Properties", then "Compatiblity" tab and find "Always run this program as an administrator" (or something like this).

EDIT:
I found you in my logs:

Code: Select all

2014-11-11 04:54:48 (Australia) WINDOWS: 6.3 x64 DESKSCREENRES: 1440x900 MAXSCREENRES: 1440x900 SCREENRESGROUP: 12 GPUs: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 FILENAME: EE2X.exe VER: 2 MODNAME: "Official" TYPE: Multiplayer PlayerName="Cram42"
2014-11-11 04:55:05 (Australia) WINDOWS: 6.3 x64 DESKSCREENRES: 1680x1050 MAXSCREENRES: 1680x1050 SCREENRESGROUP: 12 GPUs: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560  FILENAME: EE2X.exe VER: 2 MODNAME: "Official" TYPE: Multiplayer PlayerName="Juicedude01"
So seems like both computers are using the same screen resolutions group (12). Seems like "Checksum in-RAM replacing system worked for one of the computers (because you had an executables differ message). Try to always run EE2X as administrator and see how it works. Maybe some anti-virus software is blocking UP1.5 launcher's behaviour (doesn't allow to acces RAM of EE2X.exe process)? Try to disable it and see how it works.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Cram42

Post by Cram42 »

You rock! Thanks for the quick reply. Running as administrator fixed my problem!
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I'm happy that I could help Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
hac_uy@yahoo.com.vn

Post by hac_uy@yahoo.com.vn »

Admin may add model air missile S300 or S400 help me i dont know do it @@
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

hac_uy@yahoo.com.vn wrote:Admin may add model air missile S300 or S400 help me i dont know do it @@
Hi, it's very hard to simply explain it, you'll have to read a lot, for example starting from this topic:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1733-trying-to-mod-in-a-new-unit
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
AgRessoRoNE-13

Post by AgRessoRoNE-13 »

Hi Dr.MonaLisa - Wow, what a great work and what a great patch!!! Awesome!

One question: what can I do to add my resolution? It's 3440x1440 (21:9 aspect ratio) Image
Is there a chance to get it? Because then I could play without those nasty black bars on the side...

If I could get my resolution - then everything would be fkn PERFECT! Image

Thanks for a reply

greez AgR-13
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi! Thanks for your feedback! I'll support this screen resolution in the Update 2 of Unofficial Patch 1.5. Do you know any other screen resolutions that are used, but not supported by the patch?

Solution for now:
1. Screen resolution 4096x2304 will be replaced to: 3440x1440.
2. Download this zip file: Click me!
3. Unpack files from the: "3440x1440" folder to your Empire Earth 2 folder ("C:/Program files (x86)/Sierra/Empire Earth II" by default).
4. Play the game!

Please note that in the "UnofficialVersionConfig.txt" you must force Resolution Group 1

Code: Select all

ScreenResolutionsGroup=1
So simply - don't change it.
For now the UP1.5 Launcher won't detect this screen resolution automatically (it will see it as 4096x2304), that's why we have had to force using it.

Please tell me how this screen-resolution mod works in game, because I haven't got an appropriate hardware to test it Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
AgRessoRoNE-13

Post by AgRessoRoNE-13 »

Hey Master Dr.MonaLisa!

You're THE hero!! It works perfectly!!! It's amazing!! You made my day!

The resolution is for a screen made by LG -> Image

It's fantastic!! I'm looking forward for further patching!! As long as you guys are on the run, EE2/x is safe to play!

THANKS! -> by the way - you've got some donations, my friend. Image

greez AgR-13
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I'm very happy that it works Image

Every screen resolution deserves to be supported, and since I developed a way to add them - it's not a problem to support as much screen resolutions as we need. In the next Update (1.5.2 which will be probably released after Windows 10 release) - I'll add an option to generate a custom screen resolution.

Thank you very much for your donation, it's the second donation I received in the last 2 years, so it really motivates me to the further work Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
hac_uy@yahoo.com.vn

Post by hac_uy@yahoo.com.vn »

i'm very like the missile nuclear of russia add may be add it and just me how to add it ^^ tks

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”