Who like Ram edit?

Discussion About Modding, Changes Ideas, etc.
BigBang
Location: Conselheiro Lafaiete - Minas Gerais - Brazil - South America - America - World - Solar system - Milky Way - Universe

Who like Ram edit?

Post by BigBang »

Well, I saw that gooberman created a "ram edit" in which case it would be good but bad at the same time:

It would be so good that there would be no rush
And it would be bad because an attack with rams is part of the game.

So I decided to create a poll to see who and who does not want a "ram edit."

Gooberman do not get me wrong, but I just like to see anyone or do not like a "ram edit." I'm not saying to you is not put in Patch 1.4.

In my opinion it would be good in EE4 mod.

Matty

Re: Who like Ram edit?

Post by Matty »

1) I don't like these changes which regard the strategy of the game. Mona did well to put patch 1.3 with those graphic changes, but now this changement doesn't regard the graphic, but the game. WE CAN'T EDIT STRATEGY even if for 0,00001% of the game.
2) It damages graphic too, cause it's not normal to pass through bows, it's a bug.
3) They can't edit the game in 2/3 people, they should make a poll with 15 votes at least.
4) I hate rams, so ... more they suck, more it's fun.
5) Maybe the most important problem ... We can't make 100 patches ... we tried to make 1 patch, the 1.3, and it worked, almost all people installed it, but we can't make another patch, I don't want to tell everyone to install patch 1.4, to teach noobs how to install it and to wait that they install it for playing with them ...
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

So...
Between version 1.0 - 1.2 was many changes with game strategy. For example in epoch 5 there wasn't catapult technology. If players playing 5-5 on version 1.0, then catapults aren't dangerous, it's like in 2-2... That's why people were making balistas in 5-5 in 2006-2007.

Patch 1.4 be released with more resolutions. For example 1920x1080 (it's better for your laptop matty, because your laptop supports this resolution).
If player downloaded version 1.3 in the past, then I think he won't have problem with downloading version 1.4
Also none needs to inform them about new version, because there be EE2-Patch1.4 BOT, and it will inform everyone automatic.

Back to rams...
Rams won't be that dangerous as it is now. I don't know if you saw second video... In version 1.4 rams would need 2X more time to destroy building.

But I agree - strategy shouldn't be changed that much...
I want only planes height edition, because with camra fix, they can fly higher and it looks much better. Same with sattelites, and helicopters. Satelites should fly much higher.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
derrick

Post by derrick »

Matty i agreed with you!!
5) Maybe the most important problem ... We can't make 100 patches ... we tried to make 1 patch, the 1.3, and it worked, almost all people installed it, but we can't make another patch, I don't want to tell everyone to install patch 1.4, to teach noobs how to install it and to wait that they install it for playing with them
I think if you make new patch mona, people cant understant it.
Ever they need to download only patch to play ee2, the people want play, they dont want dowload patch and patch and patch.
If you change strategy ee2, then its not ee2 for me, its an other game.

Mkl.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

So... I'm programming resolutions and things which doesn't change any strategy. Goober is going to edit rams.
Patch 1.4 is needed, because actually only 1600x900 is supported by EE2. People with better resolutions need 1920x1080p. I be buying new computer in this year, and I'll need 1920x1080...
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
derrick

Post by derrick »

Problem rams when they are blocked, its not a bug people can block it.
Imagine in real life:

A car straight forward of you and through you, that is not possible maybe if you make a magic power xD.

Im only playing 800*600 32 bits with low graphic let this resolutions dont delete it just add.

i dont like to play with 1600x900 for me its laggy and gameplay is bad but better graphic.
Gooberman

Post by Gooberman »

Pedro was the one that wanted me to make the damage per second less and i tested it, I don't believe rams should be able to be blocked by units and spas out. but if everyone hates it it doesn't have to be done D:, though i'm going to try and find out where shifting units comes from maybe get rid of shift glitches in the future Image

and yes i vote on keeping a couple low resolutions for people that can't play that high :/
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

What about making rams less stronger? Maybe it's good idea? Then rams won't be that strong in games = more fun... I would vote YES only for making rams less stronger...
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Deus

Post by Deus »

1/6 lol it's not happening. Besides how can a ram go through someone in real life? Theres no such thing as no clip irl.
Gooberman

Post by Gooberman »

and the ram doesn't go through the unit, i made it's mass small enough to go pass 2 of them together xD

Return to “Discussion”