EE2 edit ideas

Discussion About Modding, Changes Ideas, etc.
Deus

Re: EE2 edit ideas

Post by Deus »

Not the stats. Image

RGV1

Post by RGV1 »

Sorry that is interfere.

To significantly change the game - you need a lot of knowledge about its structure. Now very few people are able to globally change the game. I know of only 2 - 3 persons. Modding games EE2 developed poorly. Textures in the game are in the format texcache. You can add texture, but you can not change the original texture. There is no program for the opening texcache ee2.
Gooberman

Post by Gooberman »

I never planned on editing textures Image, if you lag in ee2 it's generally your CPU that's the problem. and textures would probably only affect your GPU
RGV1

Post by RGV1 »

I have an idea.
For example to change the texture of the game, it works in multiplayer.
Arid climate is desert now.
Change view of mountains, rivers, seas and cliffs.
It looks good.
I hope you are interested.

[GER]RodF96

Post by [GER]RodF96 »

I dont know if someone of you haven't already done this..
- New civilisations
- new special epochs..like for example world war epoch (special units,buildings)
- something like factorys for digging and processing ressources (Ironplace-steelproduction)
- adding hospitals (like in empire earth if you walk near the hospital you get healed,maybe disable this from the city center and add a hospital.) i liked it^^
- adding some new technologies so this game looks more like modern rts games(for more strategy)
- adding countryleaders to buy in cc(again from ee,they have special USEFUL powers for example for amy move and attack and they are strong Image ) - for example hitler in WW epoch Image
- adding the feature of Art of supremacy to make own civilisations (there were even new civilisations in this expansion can they be added in normal ee2?)
- then something like ee2-store (like in battlefield 3) where you can download empire earth stuff in-game like RGV1 unitpacks and all the things he ads Image
- last thing is to add some kind of update-bot if you dont have actual version of ee2 it automatically downloads it when you join the ee2 lobby..
That's it i bet most of these things cant be done but i would like to see stuff like that in ee2
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Soooo....
I don't think if we should edit/add any textures to EE2 multiplayer. We can't change game style. Player's just won't accept it, and they won't install new patch.
Change resolution? OK... Change behavior of rams - OK... But adding new units is RGV1's work and it can just be in EE4 mod for AOS. I think if anyone really wants to do something new on EE2, then he should install AOS + EE4 Mod. EE4 mod has a loot of new units, many graphic changes, and I recommand to install it, just for test.
But remember to create security copy of EE2 folder before installing mod. It may not work with multiplayer on normal EE2, because it changes some EE2's files.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Gooberman

Post by Gooberman »

Leader, i have a task for you, find out where the shift glitch is caused D: that should waste some time lol
RGV1

Post by RGV1 »

Guys. I play ee2 5 years. This is practically the only game I play.
I would also like you, I want this game went live.
I love ee2 - this unique game. This is the only game covering the entire history of mankind.
This is a game - a history book, for that I love ee2.
I want to help you in patch 1.4. You can count on me - I'll help all I can.
Believe me, I know a lot about ee2 (sorry if I'm self-confident).

I know all the real-life mod master ee2. All mod master - my friends.
All they want to further continue the game ee2. I would suggest the idea of ​​a single Center ee2 game.
This center should be English speaking.
Now this center is http://forum.ee2.eu (it's more alive than [url=http://ee.heavengames.com)/]http://ee.heavengames.com)[/url]
You are the only clan ee2, which is really alive.
So I look at you in terms of Najd interest in modding ee2.

[GER] RodF ~ 96 ~
"- New civilisations" I can add a new sense in civilisations AoS.
This will work in multiplayer, but it will not work with scenario.

"- Something like factorys for digging and processing ressources."
This is done for example in fashion ee4. There are many mines for nitrate, iron, stone, gold, etc.

"- Adding hospitals" It's easy to do. The main thing - that it's all like that.

"- Adding countryleaders to buy in cc" It's possible, too, need the original model of leadership.
I do not approve of Hitler, but other leaders - Churchill, Stalin, de Gaulle - can be done.

"- Then something like ee2-store"
I can make a site or page on the English language, there will be located sama popular mod ee2 (my mod and mod from the site
ee.heavengames.com) I could upload some units of a large mod EE4.

Leader
"I don't think if we should edit / add any textures to EE2 multiplayer. We can't change game style.
Player's just won't accept it, and they won't install new patch."

I think this is my opinion, we need not fear. If we do not change the game - it will no longer play. EE2 - forgotten. I think the patches should be changed a lot, including game tactics.
EE2 is less popular than AoE. One of the main reasons - a strange tactic game. Tactics rps (rock - scissors - paper) - not clear to a large number of players. The effectiveness of this Tactics - is questionable.
Proof:
A large number of reviews of the game - which condemned the tactics of (rock - scissors - paper)
2 A large number of mods for EE2 - mod to changes in the balance. Many players do not like the original balance.
"We can't change game style." I think that we can do. It is my opinion. In ee4 game changed radically.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

So, orginal EE2 shouldn't be changed. New textures should be added in expansion pack like EE4 mod. It's better because if player want to test it, he will install. EE2 main version shouldn't be changed with new textures etc.

RGV1, do you maybe know where in EE2 (or AOS) is file with names of screen resolutions? Example 800x600, 1280x960 etc. If this file exists it would be really cool to change names of resolutions when I be adding new, widescreen to EE2.

---
Btw. Gooberman! Did you maybe check if Res glitch works in AOS too?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
RGV1

Post by RGV1 »

I think I know where this file.

It is here
C: \ Program Files \ Sierra \ Empire Earth II \ zips_ee2x \ EE2X_db.zip \ EE2X_db \ Text \ dbtext_enums

This file dbtext_enums.utf8

Similarly, for ee2
C: \ Program Files \ Sierra \ Empire Earth II English \ zips \ db.zip \ db \ Text \ dbtext_enums

There are the following lines (Russian version):
// display modes,
tx_enum_eDisplayMode_0,"""800 x 600, 32 бита"""
tx_enum_eDisplayMode_1,"""800 x 600, 16 бит"""
tx_enum_eDisplayMode_2,"""1024 x 768, 32 бита"""
tx_enum_eDisplayMode_3,"""1024 x 768, 16 бит"""
tx_enum_eDisplayMode_4,"""1152 x 864, 32 бита"""
tx_enum_eDisplayMode_5,"""1152 x 864, 16 бит"""
tx_enum_eDisplayMode_6,"""1280 x 960, 32 бита"""
tx_enum_eDisplayMode_7,"""1280 x 960, 16 бит"""
tx_enum_eDisplayMode_8,"""1280 x 1024, 32 бита"""
tx_enum_eDisplayMode_9,"""1280 x 1024, 16 бит"""
tx_enum_eDisplayMode_10,"""1600 x 1200, 32 бита"""
tx_enum_eDisplayMode_11,"""1600 x 1200, 16 бит"""

------------------

Leader
Can be done on the site forum.ee2.eu a separate section "mods for the game EE2" ?

Return to “Discussion”