Temperate map is now winter, how to remove it?

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
jonilaht

Temperate map is now winter, how to remove it?

Post by jonilaht »

Hi,

after years of pause I fired up EE2 and the unofficial patch wanted to update (without giving an option to not to) and now the temperate maps are winter for some reason? I found out how to disable the christmas tree, but didnt find any setting for the winter.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Temperate map is now winter, how to remove it?

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Seasons have always existed in EE2 and they are not the part of Unofficial Patch.

You can change the starting season in: Environment -> Start Season tab on the game setup menu:

EE2_ScreenShot_2023-12-30_22.23.23.303.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2023-12-30_22.23.23.303.jpg (538.41 KiB) Viewed 473 times
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
jonilaht

Post by jonilaht »

Ok, I thought it was connected to the xmas tree addon. Maybe I'll re-install the game & patch, no matter what season I choose the temperate map is always winter. Other maptypes work normally.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Are you sure you tried all seasons? Spring in EE2 has some snow in the first months, so maybe you only tried this?

That's untypical problem, and I doubt any reinstallation would matter in this case.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
jonilaht

Post by jonilaht »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 31 Dec 2023, 10:40 Are you sure you tried all seasons? Spring in EE2 has some snow in the first months, so maybe you only tried this?

That's untypical problem, and I doubt any reinstallation would matter in this case.
Maybe it was that. Now I re-installed the game & patch and it works, BUT there is some weird sound crackling at the start of the game. Or are they supposed to be somesort of fireworks? How can I disable those?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

You said you disabled the Christmas tree. If so, this would disable all other occasional sounds in the future, such as new year, halloween, etc.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
jonilaht

Post by jonilaht »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 21:56 You said you disabled the Christmas tree. If so, this would disable all other occasional sounds in the future, such as new year, halloween, etc.
Yeah, forgot to do that. Last thing... in skirmish there is woman voice saying "how dare you?" (no chat-text or anything).

I dont remember this from vanilla game. Is it from unofficial patch or am I just not remembering correctly. (And what is the point of this?).
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

It's temporary added: https://ee2.eu/patch/changes/#160006
* Please note that for debugging purposes you might occasionally hear Greta's taunts, such as "How dare you" and "No matter how sad and angry I am". This is expected and was especially added, so I can ask players if they heard this sound when they report a game freeze or crash.
Do you only hear "How dare you" or the other voice message as well? It will be disabled in the next version, but was especially added to get feedback from players easier.

You can also disable the buildings rotation memory feature, as described in the changelog.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
jonilaht

Post by jonilaht »

Once or twice in game, no biggie.

But I still have a problem. Multiplayer doesnt work. When trying to join a game the game crashes instantly who ever is trying to join.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

As first please try to share internet using the "Hotspot feature" from your smartphone and see if the issue persist.
If it's fixed, then the issue will be with your home connection, and we can try other solutions.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”