EE2 & AoS IES Scripting Tool

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Tutorials
Loewenherz

EE2 & AoS IES Scripting Tool

Post by Loewenherz »

With this small collection of help and documentation for the IES Script Script System I hope to make it easier for other users and modders to create scenarios and campaigns. With the development of patch 1.5 we have made great progress and improvements in the creation of scenarios and found out many ways how to do certain things. However, it is also not easy for the beginner and partly even for advanced modders to get used to this development tool from Mad Doc Software. 432 script commands know the IES script system for EE2 and AoS to create scenarios. Even if 2 extra for AoS created functions are not included like stronger tanks for the Germans in the Kursk turning point or the for the Mali campaign not by citizens or Pristern usable unis and temples (But you can replace them very easily with database functions), so you have here 100% all the functions that were used for EE2 and 99.9% of those for AoS.

With this abundance of possibilities, it is sometimes difficult to have an overview. I have therefore created a folder with many examples. In addition, tools from Dr.Mona Lisa and from me enclosed. I think this is easier than looking around on the internet or in a word file. I also sorted and organized all scripbt commands. Some I added if they were explained wrong or added if they were missing. The script documentation is now available in two variants. There is a big one, which can be searched quickly with Notepad ++ and a subdivided one, which was divided into several parts and if available provided with example scripts. This should make the work much easier and you don't have to leave Notepad ++ while working on the script. If there are new scripts and examples, I will of course add them to this tool.

Now here is an overview of the scripting tool:

Folder 1 contains the entry point as explained by Mad Doc.

Spoiler
2023-09-03 10_40_48-7-Zip.png
2023-09-03 10_40_48-7-Zip.png (10.41 KiB) Viewed 945 times
The second folder has a list of all commands, including explanations. One list is only with commands and one with the explanation. In addition, here are all the subfolders that have interesting example scripts divided by topic.
Spoiler
2023-09-03 10_45_06-7-Zip.png
2023-09-03 10_45_06-7-Zip.png (29.55 KiB) Viewed 945 times

The third folder contains some tools and help for creating IES scripts. For Notepad ++ there is a User Defined Language for the creation of IES Scripts. Because you can highlight certain variables and functions visually, you have more overview. And on top of that there is the script for the cheat engine to equip a scenario with a different time of day and a suitable lighting mood.
Spoiler
2023-09-03 15_22_52-C__Users_xxx_Desktop_Loews_IES_Scripting_Guide.zip_Loews_IES_Scripting_Guide_3. .png
2023-09-03 15_22_52-C__Users_xxx_Desktop_Loews_IES_Scripting_Guide.zip_Loews_IES_Scripting_Guide_3. .png (11.11 KiB) Viewed 922 times

So, that's it for now. I am sure that this tool is a good help to create good scripts for scenarios. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask. Feel free to download it and have fun creating missions.

Download:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loews_IES_Scripting_Guide.zip
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 9 times

As a bonus, here is another work from me. I tried to decompile the .dll of the EE2 and AoS campaigns. I succeeded halfway. If you have some time, you can roughly trace how the campaign missions were scripted. It takes some time, but it's doable. Maybe one or the other can look up how Mad Doc scripted certain missions.

Download:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. EE2 Decompiled Missions.zip
(63.02 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160
These users thanked the author Loewenherz for the post:
Dr.MonaLisa

Loewenherz

Re: EE2 & AoS IES Scripting Tool

Post by Loewenherz »

Update: A list with all unit names and a set of files relevant for IES scripting has been added.
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160
These users thanked the author Loewenherz for the post:
Dr.MonaLisa

Return to “Tutorials”