Double mouse cursor

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
carlo2023

Double mouse cursor

Post by carlo2023 »

Hello,
I'm experiencing an odd bug: while in game, I view two mouse cursors (the Windows regular one and the EE2 one).
Thanks for support

Carlo

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Double mouse cursor

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi Carlo. Do you experience it 100% of the time, or it starts at some point?

Do you use Unofficial Patch 1.5? Do you start the game in the fullscreen or borderless windowed mode? (UP1.5 Settings).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
carlo2023

Post by carlo2023 »

Hello,
the bug started recently (in the last few weeks), but it doesn't appear always. And when it happens, it happens immediatly, as soon as the cursor is shown (I mean the main menu page).
I use unofficial version 1.5, of course.
And I run it always in full screen.
Tell me if you need further details.
Thanks for support

Carlo
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Can you please check if option "Disable fullscreen optimizations" is checked in the Maximization Helper window (the one that shows up after starting the game)?

If it's not checked, can you check it, and test if the problem appears again?

From my experience, it's usually some third party program that is trying to display something in the foreground, and this causes the system cursor to appear.

If it's not happening that too often, you can try to workaround it by switching to the windowed and back to the fullscreen mode. Simply press ALT+ENTER in game two times. It will first switch to the exclusive borderless windowed mode, and then it will switch back to the fullscreen mode. Is the double mouse disappearing then?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
carlo2023

Post by carlo2023 »

Hello,
the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" is already checked.
When it happens, switching to the windowed and back to the fullscreen mode unfortunately doesn't work.

Anyway last time it happened *after* a game session (so after having closed the 3d graphics), but really I can't say how I could reproduce it. Before I launched the game about 10 times, and it never happened...
I think too it's a problem with some third party program... I'm sorry but I can't give you further details. Anyway if you want, I'm always available for helping.

Always thanks

Carlo
Bob F

Re: mouse doesn't work period

Post by Bob F »

Its july 2023 and the mouse problem with this game gets worse and worse . I lose all the time because the mouse won't function . Its to bad the game looks great but this mouse problem is just too fuustrating I added a videocard this helped a bit but when action is intense the curser disappears and the you lost. What is going on Windows 10 with files on a drive other then c and good videocard ??? I'm 76 and former computer repair person for seniors so I know how a game should work
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi Bob.

Do you experience the same problem as @carlo2023? If it's something else, could you be more specific and write what exactly is happening? From what I understood your mouse "won't function", which means it's some different issue than the double mouse cursor reported by carlo.

I couldn't reproduce mouse issues, and I believe it's related to some third-party program running that is periodically intercepting the mouse.

The fact that that EE2 is an older game doesn't help with it. It uses an old windows API for mouse operations, which is not used in newer games.

Unofficial Patch 1.5 is prepared for fixing issues with problematic programs. There is a "Solution 1" button in the Maximization Helper window. The list of problematic programs is automatically downloaded from EE2.eu on launcher start, so I can update this list and it will work even on older versions of UP1.5. Programs stopped by the Solution 1 button are automatically restarted on game exit, so it should be a good workaround for these issues. However, I am unable to detect which programs cause these problems on other players computers. You would need to detect the problematic .exe yourself, and send me the name of it. To do this, simply kill other running programs in the Task Manager, and save their .exe names. Once you find the one that causes problems, restart the computer, start the game, kill it again and confirm that it fixes the issue. After that you can send me this Program.exe name in this topic, and I'll add it to Solution 1.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”