Commercial BUG in the port.

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Asimetron

Commercial BUG in the port.

Post by Asimetron »

BUGS
  • Yesterday while playing a game against the computer, I tried to trade with the ports of my ally but it was impossible for me, the game did not allow me to add the port of my ally as the second trade target for the container ship.
    The benefits of the leaders do not see that they apply to the new wooden, food, and stone gatheres, is it normal or is a bug?.
    The ports appear with a fairly ugly visual failure in certain areas of the map, and it is that the landing floor looks like VVV shaped.

ROBOTICS FACTORY
  • Please tell me how I can add a stop icon to this wonder, because I really need it.
    I have tried to put a wall in front, but still create units.

PLANES
  • Is it possible to add the patrol icon to the planes?
    I would really like to add that option to all the planes, I am a defensive player and I love decorating the city, so I like to protect my flanks with airplanes, but it looks very ugly that they are only going around circles.
    I will be grateful if someone can tell me how to make this change. THANK YOU.

FORMATIONS
  • There is some way to expand or reduce the formations, yesterday I had 4 carriers and wanted to have them well, but the formation hits them too much together, forming them almost united to the edge. If anyone knows how to do to separate the formation, I will appreciate it.

BRIDGES/UNITS SIZE
  • It is possible to make the bridges more wider, the double would be great.
    Yesterday with 400 units it was a headache to cross the rivers in those small bridges.

SKILLS
  • Is it possible to make some units such as HERCS of shields come out with their activated shield skills?
    Yesterday with so much massacre and nuclear bomb, I found a waste of time having to be activating the automatic shield of each new HERC that came to me as reinforcement.

REPAIRS
  • I would really appreciate if you could put fire trucks in automatic repair mode, something like spias skills, and HERCS skills.

ANIMALS
  • What happened to animals such as elephants, ostriches and others in Empire Earth 1, there are not in this, or have they removed them?.

The map feels very empty without animals around.
    Thank you so much.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Commercial BUG in the port.

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Asimetron wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 11:45 BUGS
  • Yesterday while playing a game against the computer, I tried to trade with the ports of my ally but it was impossible for me, the game did not allow me to add the port of my ally as the second trade target for the container ship.
    The benefits of the leaders do not see that they apply to the new wooden, food, and stone gatheres, is it normal or is a bug?.
    The ports appear with a fairly ugly visual failure in certain areas of the map, and it is that the landing floor looks like VVV shaped.
It's not a bug. You have not explored the "Currency" technology in epoch III, which Allows Foreign Trading.

EE2_ScreenShot_2023-06-08_12.05.32.535.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2023-06-08_12.05.32.535.jpg (798.34 KiB) Viewed 953 times
Leaders powers seem to use area effects that were not found to be problematic. Please share screenshots / saves or whatever that would show what the problem is. A screenshot with the docks would also be needed, because I didn't notice anything strange.
Asimetron wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 11:45 ROBOTICS FACTORY
  • Please tell me how I can add a stop icon to this wonder, because I really need it.
    I have tried to put a wall in front, but still create units.
It's impossible. This wonder uses an area effect that creates an unit every 1 minute, or something. The only solution would be collecting units produced by this wonder in one place, and delete them with the DEL button (on keyboard) from time to time.
Asimetron wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 11:45 PLANES
  • Is it possible to add the patrol icon to the planes?
    I would really like to add that option to all the planes, I am a defensive player and I love decorating the city, so I like to protect my flanks with airplanes, but it looks very ugly that they are only going around circles.
    I will be grateful if someone can tell me how to make this change. THANK YOU.
The Patrol icon can not be added to the planes. I tried it in 2022 or even early 2023 and it seem to be a very hardcoded behaviour. Units with certain move types simply won't display it, no matter how correctly it's included by modding. I suppose, they wanted people to use the Air Mission Patrol feature in airports instead.
Asimetron wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 11:45 FORMATIONS
  • There is some way to expand or reduce the formations, yesterday I had 4 carriers and wanted to have them well, but the formation hits them too much together, forming them almost united to the edge. If anyone knows how to do to separate the formation, I will appreciate it.
I think you would need to select the ships multiple times, creating different formations? You can use the Control Groups to make it easier.
Eventually you can try to mod the game, and change some values in db.zip\db\Simulation\dbformations.ddf / EE2X_db.zip\EE2X_db\Simulation\dbformations.ddf.
Asimetron wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 11:45 BRIDGES/UNITS SIZE
    Yesterday with 400 units it was a headache to cross the rivers in those small bridges.
Since Unofficial Patch 1.5.9.005 you can use: Empire Earth II Debug Console in Unofficial Patch 1.5. I'm not sure if it allows the width change. If it doesn't, then it should be possible by modding some bridge.ddf file.
Asimetron wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 11:45 SKILLS
  • Is it possible to make some units such as HERCS of shields come out with their activated shield skills?
    Yesterday with so much massacre and nuclear bomb, I found a waste of time having to be activating the automatic shield of each new HERC that came to me as reinforcement.
Do you mean the skill auto-cast to be active by default? First of all, it was not possible when I tried, and second, it would be bad in EE2, as some HERCs such as HADEs have multiple special power buttons. Prioritizing one as default one would make it harder for players who like to have things under control. Besides that, EE2 already allows a lot of automations (such as cycle units production). If more things were automated right after production, it would turn into auto-battle game that doesn't require much user interaction.
Asimetron wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 11:45 REPAIRS
  • I would really appreciate if you could put fire trucks in automatic repair mode, something like spias skills, and HERCS skills.
The repair button is not an area effect. I can't find the right words for it, but it's some "default" game action for citizens, not an area effect that could be possibly activated by auto-cast. The only solution could be some additional effect that would auto-repair buildings close to the firetruck, but I am not a fan of it, as I prefer when some basic actions are required to be done by players themselves. Firetrucks are also capable to repair enemy's buildings on request, and it's simply cool when such things are possible. With auto-repair effect, it would for sure need to be restricted to allied players only.
Asimetron wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 11:45 ANIMALS
  • What happened to animals such as elephants, ostriches and others in Empire Earth 1, there are not in this, or have they removed them?.

The map feels very empty without animals around.
    Thank you so much.
I'm not sure what you mean. Elephants are normally available in Arid climate:

EE2_ScreenShot_2023-06-08_12.40.46.926.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2023-06-08_12.40.46.926.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 953 times

They're wild animals, so they are randomly placed on the map. Maybe it requires some greater map for them to show up.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Asimetron

Post by Asimetron »

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my doubts.
You have done an excellent job with this game.

Have a great day.

It's not a bug. You have not explored the "Currency" technology in epoch III, which Allows Foreign Trading.
Ok, it's my mistake, you're right. Thank you so much.
Leaders powers seem to use area effects that were not found to be problematic. Please share screenshots / saves or whatever that would show what the problem is. A screenshot with the docks would also be needed, because I didn't notice anything strange.
I referred to the new machines that you have implemented to collect resources.
When I have an leader with the power of nationalism, it applies well for human collectors, but the machines do not receive the effect.
I know they are machines, but a person is driving them, it would not make sense that they are tractors that drive alone.
It's impossible. This wonder uses an area effect that creates an unit every 1 minute, or something. The only solution would be collecting units produced by this wonder in one place, and delete them with the DEL button (on keyboard) from time to time.
I fear you said that.
What more infamous error by developers.
The Patrol icon can not be added to the planes. I tried it in 2022 or even early 2023 and it seem to be a very hardcoded behaviour. Units with certain move types simply won't display it, no matter how correctly it's included by modding. I suppose, they wanted people to use the Air Mission Patrol feature in airports instead.
I also fear that you would say that.
Another mistake and is a shame, because I really love this game.
It has a lot of potential.
FORMATIONS

I think you would need to select the ships multiple times, creating different formations? You can use the Control Groups to make it easier.
Eventually you can try to mod the game, and change some values in db.zip\db\Simulation\dbformations.ddf / EE2X_db.zip\EE2X_db\Simulation\dbformations.ddf.
I took notes and I was playing for a while with the formations file, but after a while to try in the game, I realized that the ships aligned well.
I guess the other day was a fortuitous mistake.

BRIDGES/UNITS SIZE

Since Unofficial Patch 1.5.9.005 you can use: Empire Earth II Debug Console in Unofficial Patch 1.5. I'm not sure if it allows the width change. If it doesn't, then it should be possible by modding some bridge.ddf file.
This is interested.
Could you please help me a little.

I opened the .zip file and removed all the content, then opened the file corresponding to the bridge, make the changes and replace all again in .zip format, and put the same name.

Change only 2 lines of the code:
Unittype Bridge
Sizey = 1.85 // The Width of the Bridge (The Dimension We Don't Stretch)

Unittype Bridgeconstruccionesite

And both add the value 4.
But I was seeing in the screenshot that you posted about the console, in relation to the length of the bridge, which there is a line that says s_fbridgeanchormaxz = 2,500

I suppose there will be a maximum limit, or something I did not do well because the change within the game was not reflected.
SKILLS

Do you mean the skill auto-cast to be active by default? First of all, it was not possible when I tried, and second, it would be bad in EE2, as some HERCs such as HADEs have multiple special power buttons. Prioritizing one as default one would make it harder for players who like to have things under control. Besides that, EE2 already allows a lot of automations (such as cycle units production). If more things were automated right after production, it would turn into auto-battle game that doesn't require much user interaction.
Maybe you could put it as an option that is activated or deactivated in the pitcher, or as an independent extension for joint players like me.
REPAIRS

The repair button is not an area effect. I can't find the right words for it, but it's some "default" game action for citizens, not an area effect that could be possibly activated by auto-cast. The only solution could be some additional effect that would auto-repair buildings close to the firetruck, but I am not a fan of it, as I prefer when some basic actions are required to be done by players themselves. Firetrucks are also capable to repair enemy's buildings on request, and it's simply cool when such things are possible. With auto-repair effect, it would for sure need to be restricted to allied players only.
The same as that of Autocast.
ANIMALS
I'm not sure what you mean. Elephants are normally available in Arid climate:
They're wild animals, so they are randomly placed on the map. Maybe it requires some greater map for them to show up.
It's just that there were more in Empire Earth 1.
In this I see only about 5, I do not seem to be reproduced.

I take this opportunity to say that the idea implemented in the Zoological building is magnificent, but I would really like to eat some cows, but I imagine that you do not be possible to put them as edible.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I referred to the new machines that you have implemented to collect resources.
When I have an leader with the power of nationalism, it applies well for human collectors, but the machines do not receive the effect.
I know they are machines, but a person is driving them, it would not make sense that they are tractors that drive alone.
Ahh, Wheel Loaders and Harvesters are quite overpriced and not that useful. They're more like an addition, but are not supposed to be used in real games (or multiplayer). I am trying to avoid adding the new units to Area Effects like this, because it complicates things when option "Unlock UP1.5 units..." is disabled in UP1.5 Settings. So then, if non-existing units are added to an effect/power, it can cause other bugs or stability issues. That's why I am not trying to perfectly integrate all existing effects with the new units. But of course I'll think about it.
I took notes and I was playing for a while with the formations file, but after a while to try in the game, I realized that the ships aligned well.
I guess the other day was a fortuitous mistake.
Very possible. There are also many things in EE2 that we learn to avoid. I am personally doing some things in game that I don't even think about, but they help to avoid bugs. For example, the rotation of the city center, and distance of it to forest matters. When it's built wrongly, citizens might get stuck when they go out to collect wood. I also move army by clicking with the right mouse button on any visible resource, then they all go into a very small area instead of keeping their original formation.
]This is interested.
Could you please help me a little.

I opened the .zip file and removed all the content, then opened the file corresponding to the bridge, make the changes and replace all again in .zip format, and put the same name.

Change only 2 lines of the code:
Unittype Bridge

Unittype Bridgeconstruccionesite

And both add the value 4.
But I was seeing in the screenshot that you posted about the console, in relation to the length of the bridge, which there is a line that says s_fbridgeanchormaxz = 2,500

I suppose there will be a maximum limit, or something I did not do well because the change within the game was not reflected.
Please never unpack the existing .zip file (db.zip / EE2X_db.zip) and such. Use WinRar to open it, and then Notepad++ to modify files. Once you save a file modified in Notepad++, it will ask you to update a file inside the original .zip archive. Repacking files from folders is risky, as some file attributes might get changed by windows or the other archiver, and then the game will just crash.

Unfortunately, I can not help much with bridges, as I haven't focused on it. I also didn't test like 95% of existing Debug Console commands.
Maybe you could put it as an option that is activated or deactivated in the pitcher, or as an independent extension for joint players like me.
Unfortunately, I was not able to make it work when I tried it. I spent some hours on it, but finally gave up. Theoretically, everything is possible, but it can take weeks if not months to research. I use the assembler for most of new features added to the game, and the process of adding a single one is extremely hard and annoying. You can see in this video how I do it:

That's why, since it's not high priority, and I am personally not a fan of it, I can't put more time on this feature.
For the same reason, the repair button's behavior can not be extended to the same area effect.
It's just that there were more in Empire Earth 1.
In this I see only about 5, I do not seem to be reproduced.

I take this opportunity to say that the idea implemented in the Zoological building is magnificent, but I would really like to eat some cows, but I imagine that you do not be possible to put them as edible.
I forgot in which files, but probably some with "climate" in name, you can mod how many animals spawn on the map, if they can reproduce or not. That's how we did it with bears and rabbits in the new Tundra climate.

Your idea of having more animals is good, but I can't make gameplay changes to the game. More animals could ruin some of existing multiplayer strategies. Unofficial Patch is focused on keeping the original balance, and changes like this almost always have players who dislike them. That's why in the recent years there are mostly only new features added to the game, not many existing things changed.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”