Can't join the Discord server through Linux

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Scoobs

Can't join the Discord server through Linux

Post by Scoobs »

Hey all,

So happy I discovered this community & its patch. I managed to get it working on my Fedora 37 install, however, not by using Lutris. But that's not why I am posting here...

...I tried to join your Discord server using the link in the launcher as well as on the side. Unfortunately, launching it like that doesn't work on Linux.

Is there a direct link to your Discord server, so that I can join? That'd be pretty shweet.

Cheers.

~ Scoobs

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Can't join the Discord server through Linux

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi Scoobs. I'll send you an invite on the Private Message.

I wonder what exactly didn't work? Did you see the invite in the Launcher News window, or tried to click it using the https://ee2.eu/discord website only?

If the second one, then I think the empireearth2:// protocols simply don't get registered on Wine, so the Launcher would need to be open with the parameters "launch-AuthorizeDiscordAccount-asadministrator" manually. Since it's like 1-time action, I guess it's not a big issue anyway.

On the other hand, the Launcher has a Support Chat button. I actually have a command there that allows to generate the "Internal" link to generate the Discord invite, so it should be a quicker method for anybody else suffering this problem.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Scoobs

Re: Can't join the Discord server through Linux

Post by Scoobs »

Hi Dr,

Thanks for the quick response. It is indeed an issue with the protocol not triggering or working in Wine.

I'll check my private messages. :) Excited to be a part of this community.

~ Denn

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”