Reporting player (((colm..will))) for using spies in rules game

New EE2 Government (since: 01.03.2014), everything about the EE2 management. You can report other players here.
KennetRP

Reporting player (((colm..will))) for using spies in rules game

Post by KennetRP »

Pretty self-explanatory title. The real player known as Wilparra poisoned first Googol's citizens and then mine, even after "yes rules" warnings in chat. Playback provided.

empireearth2://decode-downloader-ee2-pl ... ew&id=1912
Attachments
(2022_10_28)_(04_29).e2s
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 82 times

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Reporting player (((colm..will) for using spies in rules game

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

He has rights to break rules against people who break rules themselves.

Stealing other multiplayer users identities is illegal on EE2.eu, and this is one of reasons why Discord authorization was developed (or even multiplayer lobby anti-smurfing related accounts feature).

Since wilparra has no knowledge or skills to report people who continuously use his nicknamee - he takes a revenge by doing "bad" things to them as well.

So as long as wilparra is breaking rules to hurt people who are stealing his identity, I think we should not take any actions from the Ministry's end.

I know that wilparra's bad behaviour might hurt the whole enemy's team (mostly of people who are not responsible for multiplayer identity steal), but there are prioritises that should be respected.

In order of priorities, breaking a multiplayer game rule is at the very bottom. On top there are server-security issues, then users protection, then active amending acts, and then all less important things.

Added after 2 minutes 48 seconds:
But the case is forwarded to the Department of Justice anyway, not closed. i just shared what action I would take if it delendend on me.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
KennetRP

Post by KennetRP »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 28 Oct 2022, 05:06 He has rights to break rules against people who break rules themselves.

Stealing other multiplayer users identities is illegal on EE2.eu, and this is one of reasons why Discord authorization was developed (or even multiplayer lobby anti-smurfing related accounts feature).

Since wilparra has no knowledge or skills to report people who continuously use his nicknamee - he takes a revenge by doing "bad" things to them as well.

So as long as wilparra is breaking rules to hurt people who are stealing his identity, I think we should not take any actions from the Ministry's end.
Alright, fair enough with regards to Googol. However, Wilparra poisoned my citizens too.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

We call it a side effect.

Spoiler
But as I mentioned, the case goes to Department of Justice anyway
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Matty

Re: Reporting player (((colm..will))) for using spies in rules game

Post by Matty »

Hi,
I don't think Wilparra was annoyed by this account thing, which is a common practice I guess lol, so I think he just wanted to troll this game, independently from that. It's not like I enjoy giving punishments for a one time trolling moment but if someone got mad for that, in this case Kennet, that most likely means something was wrong (maybe not the right time).
I think that just 3 days being muted are enough, given that Wilparra is not common for these things (at least in this section).

I think the server-security issue which Mona talked about should eventually be judged apart in the future if that's a really hard to manage thing. Anyone of us, probably, Googol included, knew that such things generated this kind of problems...
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

According to the decision of the Department of Justice, wilparra has been muted until 01.11.2022 5:16 CET.

Matty wrote: 28 Oct 2022, 19:01 I think the server-security issue which Mona talked about should eventually be judged apart in the future if that's a really hard to manage thing. Anyone of us, probably, Googol included, knew that such things generated this kind of problems...
I was writing my post on the phone, that's why it has errors, because they weren't marked red. In this part:
Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 28 Oct 2022, 05:06 In order of priorities, breaking a multiplayer game rule is at the very bottom. On top there are server-security issues, then users protection, then active amending acts, and then all less important things.

Added after 2 minutes 48 seconds:
But the case is forwarded to the Department of Justice anyway, not closed. i just shared what action I would take if it delendend on me.
I didn't mean that using nicknames of other users has any effect on the server security. I only listed the priorities in which actions towards players can be taken without further delay. Maybe I just shouldn't write unrelated things in report topics in the future to avoid confusions.
The priorities are:
HIGHEST: Server-security (hacking attempts, traffic spam attacks, intentional database overfloods by sending automated requests, etc.). When this happen I am taking actions myself as soon as possible.
HIGH1: Attacks on players privacy, attempts to hack other players by sending malicious links, etc.
REPORTED CASES:
HIGH2: Protection of players "reputation" and protection of their rights to have an unique nickname that can't be reused by "trolls" on purpose.
HIGH3: Breaking the Active Amending Acts (and rules accepted during UP1.5 download/installation).
MEDIUM1: Breaking the Scout Trick rule (which status is displayed on the game start in message).
MEDIUM2: Some other things I don't remember now.
LOW: Breaking game rules signaled by the host's "no_rules" or "yes_rules" messages.

As we can see, this case is rather rated as LOW, while using wilparra's name could be considered as HIGH priority (if he reported it).
So if Wilparra used any argument that he did it because they are using his nickname, he shouldn't be punished. Even if he is "enjoying it" by sending "lol" or "haha" messages, then we can't really know what he is thinking deeply inside. After all, some players put a lot of time to improve their skills (I know it sounds ridiculous in wilparra's case, but whatever), and then they are victims of having their name re-used in "trolling" by 5 or more players. It gives risks that they might feel less motivated to play and to improve their reputation on game. That's why EE2.eu has a policy to protect users multiplayer identities. For example that's why we have an authorization of Discord users, while we could have 4 x more users on that Discord if it didn't require it. So some things are sacrificed for the greater good.

Does it make sense?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Matty

Post by Matty »

Apart from the first line that's what I had understood I guess, but thank you for being even more clear.
I pretty much agree with you. If Wilparra was annoyed by this, the priority system you talked about would be a nice way to handle the case, in which Wilparra should not be punished.

Return to “Ministry of Game Affairs of the Empire Earth II Community”