No Freaking Rules

General Talking for all forum users.
Coo1

No Freaking Rules

Post by Coo1 »

Lately many players demand adherence to so called "rules." I have no idea what they are usually mean. The problem is (at least it is mine) that there are no rules in war and love. None, whatsoever. This is a strategy game and there are certain tools available for everybody -- friends and foe. If it has not meant to be it would not be implemented in the game. Some players demand "yes_rules" -- whatever -- no spies, no rush, no this and no that... How immature it is! Just like it on the streets, when being mugged, ask the assailant not to do "this and that." How about using ONLY citizens? It sounds plain stupid. Why people complain about "no rules?"

In my mind these players are:
(1) immature
(2) cannot cope with reality
(3) living and playing in surreal world
(4) unable to learn

I have been had a number of times. I have lost a lot of games. I strive to learn from my losses, and I am still playing. I wonder when those snotty kids would learn as well? The only thing to say at the end are "good game" and "thank you." It is wile to demand that somebody do what you want, never do that at all...
Please correct me if my opinion is not in line with the mainstream.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: No Freaking Rules

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

You have rights to host your own games as "no rules" (and it's default). If you join other games, you're supposed to play what the host wishes.

The "no_rules", and "yes_rules" were always used on EE2, except that the host player had to list them down before game start, and it was easy to miss. The audio taunt just helps to recognize them.

Reading your post, I have a feeling that you never assimilated with the multiplayer community (or communities, since people change over time). Even though you had (old account), and still have a lot of games on your counter, it seems like it's actually you "living and playing in surreal world" than all others.
Coo1 wrote: 27 Aug 2022, 03:02 I have been had a number of times. I have lost a lot of games. I strive to learn from my losses, and I am still playing. I wonder when those snotty kids would learn as well?
In many cases when you lose games, you're calling players "cheaters" (this has been reported multiple times). Besides that, you're creating topics, usually with false reports and twisted facts to defend your loses. Quick examples:

"Is it possible to have opponent's map revealed after game start?" viewtopic.php?t=5470

"Unable to lay down city center - unwelcome change in gameplay" viewtopic.php?t=5475

"¯/_(ツ)_/¯ Coincidence, miracle, all-seeing eye or what?" viewtopic.php?t=5474

"Military Buildings Stop Production" viewtopic.php?t=5322

"Why in TUNDRA map mesoamerican civs power is not active?" viewtopic.php?t=5299

"Old Account is not shown" viewtopic.php?p=25760#p25760
Coo1 wrote: 27 Aug 2022, 03:02 How about using ONLY citizens? It sounds plain stupid.
Surprising that a player who claims to have such a big experience doesn't know that "cit war" is actually a game mode where players decide to only use citizens. It's not frequently used, but it exists, and certain people enjoy these setups.
Coo1 wrote: 27 Aug 2022, 03:02 The problem is (at least it is mine) that there are no rules in war and love. None, whatsoever. This is a strategy game and there are certain tools available for everybody -- friends and foe.
This is another proof that (quoting you), someone here is "living and playing in surreal world".

EE2 is a game. Every game has the rules, no matter if it's a box, volleyball, MMA, football or whatever. You even manage some of game rules by selecting options on the setup screen (like deciding about the ceasefire, deciding if the map should be unrevealed, explored or revealed), deciding about the map type, about the game pace, speed and dozens of other things. If somebody treats a game as a real-life war, and people that dislikes on the Internet as "foes" who he would kill when met in real life, then I think it's time to consider getting some help or therapy, before something more serious happens.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
These users thanked the author Dr.MonaLisa for the post (total 2):
IndieRock00, KennetRP
KennetRP

Post by KennetRP »

Coo1 wrote: 27 Aug 2022, 03:02 Lately many players demand adherence to so called "rules." I have no idea what they are usually mean. The problem is (at least it is mine) that there are no rules in war and love. None, whatsoever.
Sorry for sounding harsh, but just when I think your posts can't get any dumber, you somehow manage to do make an even dumber post...

This is just flat out false. Never heard of International Law or the Geneva Conventions? These outlines a set of rules which, for humanitarian reasons, says what can and cannot be done during an armed conflict. For example, it's illegal to target civilians. It's illegal to attack hospitals and aid workers. It's illegal to torture and/or execute prisoners of war. The use of certain types of weapons are banned, like chemical weapons. I could on and on...

"Yes_rules" means no spies, no nukes and no scout rush. I don't know which part of those you don't understand. Seems pretty obvious to me.
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Sorry Coo1, but I support Dr. Mona Lisa in his defence of abiding with rules. Trolling isn't cool neither in war, nor in life, nor in a multiplayer game.

Return to “General Talking”