Problem joining the game

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
RichardLionheart

Problem joining the game

Post by RichardLionheart »

Hello,

my and my gf are trying to play the game EE II: AoS, but we can't join the game that one of us creates.
We use Windows Def. FW, I believe, that all ports are open, also ports should be open on router and I also have UPnP enabled on router..
We tried having UPnP ticked and unticked, one ticked and one unticked and it doesn't work.
We also enabled LAN option, and it didn't work.
Yesterday, someone else created a game for us and we both could join to his game, also he could join to mine or her.
I also saw, that when I try to do speedtest of your servers, her nickname is there, but I am on my computer.
So, what can we do, that we will be able to play from the same household, same router and same outside IP?

We didn't apply and no-cd crack and we also didn't mod files, so everything is the same...

I can't figure out where is the problem.

Kind regards,
RichardLIonheart

RichardLionheart

Re: Problem joining the game

Oh, I forgot to write nicknames: mine is RichardLionheart and hers is m_teya
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi. Sorry for late reply, I was on vacations for 1 week.
I also saw, that when I try to do speedtest of your servers, her nickname is there, but I am on my computer.
Do not worry about it. It simply identifies by the first-found nickname of the selected IP address. Since you're connected to the same router, the Public IP is the same and it simply displays her nickname. But in reality it doesn't matter, it's just a website feature to show that players are "recognized" to use the lobby. I didn't have enough time to improve it, and I also don't have idea how to without complicating it too much.

I have checked the NAT / MonaNAT log. It seems like there are no NAT joining attempts between you and your girlfriend nicknames. So for me it's like some failure on the local connection level that doesn't even allow to continue with the "remote" connection.

Please try the following experiment.
Keep your, and your girlfriend's computers running at the same time.

Your local IP is: 192.168.0.14
Your girlfriend's local IP is: 192.168.0.24

Please open the windows commandline (type LogoWin + R, type "cmd", ENTER), and type on your computer:
ping -t 192.168.0.24

Then do the same on your girlfriend's computer, but type:
ping -t 192.168.0.14

Does it ever success? Or you are getting "Request timed out." message?

If it's "Request timed out." message, then it's either firewall on your computer or on the router blocking the connection.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
RichardLionheart

Hello, I hope that you had nice vacations. Ping "works" badly. Mostly request timed out, here and there it's successful. I have turned off FW on both comps and it doesn't help.

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.24:
Packets: Sent = 184, Received = 43, Lost = 141 (76% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 1104ms, Average = 137ms

And on 2nd 94 % Loss of packets.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

This is super strange. Normally, local connections should be non-problematic at all, as the packets don't even leave the home.

What router do you use? Do you have access to the admin panel of it?

As a temporary solution, to be able to play with your girlfriend (before we find the real solution), you could try to use the WiFi router / internet sharing option on your or her's smartphone. So it would create a new WiFi networok at this home, where both of you would connnect to and hope that packets are not lost anymore.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
RichardLionheart

I have access to admin panel. I am using all in one modem + router (Technicolor CGA2121).
Strange is, that I can successfully ping NAS on both laptops without packet loss, but pinging each other, I am losing packets.

You mean, I can create mobile hot spot and try that way?

Added after 46 minutes 7 seconds:
I found the problem. On one laptop I had only IPv4 and on another, I had both, so I was losing packets because of that. I tried joining to the game, and I worked, I hope, it wasn't just one time only :)

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
RL
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks for your reply!

Please observe how it works for a few days and let me know.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
RichardLionheart

Hi, I had same problem at the evening. We couldn't play and when pinging, packets were drops. Using hot spot, it worked like a charm. I don't know, why it worked in the middle of the day but not at the evening/night. Any idea?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hey. Could you try to reset the network settings on both of your computers?

I don't remember exactly where it is on windows, but I think it can be found by the start menu search. Basically Windows has a "Troubleshooting" option that would allow you to reset network settings. I remember it helping in a similar case to yours before. For example, I found this guide: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-reset-n ... 10-4684679
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”