Games similar to EE on Steam

General Talking for all forum users.
RickDangerous

Games similar to EE on Steam

Post by RickDangerous »

Hi there!

With the great Steam Summer Sale launching, I was wondering what are the more modern games in a similar vein and spirit to Empire Earth? I know, I know that there is just one EE but I would like to broaden my horizons and expand my library with something new. Do you have any recommendations? Anything that does have a feel of Empire Earth?

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Games similar to EE on Steam

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

As far as I know, there are no new games that would be as good as Empire Earth II. All new games are missing core features for me (for example citizens manager). I personally liked game "Anno 2205". Recently I got "Frostpunk" for free (Epic games), it seems to be a nice city builder.
A game worth trying is also "Timberborn", I liked it a lot. It's city builder with beavers.

For games ee2-a-like I don't know much, maybe someone else will let us know.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
ivineya

Post by ivineya »

Empires Dawn of the Modern world and Rise of Nations are the only other two I can think of.

_____
https://apix-drive.com/en/typeform
Last edited by ivineya on 01 Dec 2022, 17:22, edited 3 times in total.
Lasagna

Post by Lasagna »

I got similar vibes (please note SIMILAR and not the same!) from Shogun: Total War. I know it is absolutely a different game but something about playing that title makes me think about Empire Earth. I can't put my finger exactly on what it is. Also, Timberborn and Frostpunk are both very good suggestions and very good games.
These users thanked the author Lasagna for the post:
Dr.MonaLisa
Coo1

Post by Coo1 »

I second the opinion that this game is unique. Otherwise I would find and play something else quite long time ago...
Also, I respect and appreciate Dr. MonaLisa's efforts in keeping this game alive.
I personally contributed some financial contribution and urge everyone else to help in keeping this game alive.

Return to “General Talking”