Can I emulate EE on Mac?

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Shaohao

Can I emulate EE on Mac?

Post by Shaohao »

Hi!

Please forgive me if it was already mentioned somewhere. I couldn't find it for the life of me. Is it possible to play Empire Earth on Mac? I have an AirBook 13 and I would love to be able to install and enjoy EE2 but I have no idea how to do it. Is there a mod? Or an emulator? I am doing my best but I am not the greatest technician in the world. Thank you!

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Can I emulate EE on Mac?

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello. Sorry for late reply. I saw the topic but I forgot to reply in the morning.

EE2 is a Windows game, compiled for x86 processors architecture (32bit).
MacBook Air 13 seems to use the "Apple M1" or "Apple M2" chip, which is a processor with ARM architecture.

So it's not only difference with the operating system (which could be emulated using some Wine), but also a different processor architecture.
In older version of Mac Books they used the Intel x64 processors, so it was possible to run Windows on MacBooks. That was the best solution as it wouldn't affect the performance. When the CPU architecture differs fully, it's most likely that even if the game was somehow emulated using third-party tools - it wouldn't be stable. For example the game could start correctly, but crash after few minutes. So I'm not sure if it's even worth the efforts trying to run this game on your laptop.

There's hope that Windows 11 is going to be released for ARM processors one day. This would allow you to run Windows on your Mac, and then Windows would emulate the 32bit application to run on it correctly. I'm not sure about the releases date of it, but I think it was announced a while ago.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”