Reporting player Kiffke for quitting shortly after game start

New EE2 Government (since: 01.03.2014), everything about the EE2 management. You can report other players here.
Gnoo

Re: Reporting player Kiffke for quitting shortly after game start

Post by Gnoo »

I sincerely want to thank Kiffke for quitting early during the reported game.
For my team it was the only way to win as teams were unfair (~2,8 vs. ~2,4) for my team until that point! xD

I also want to thank KennetRP and kosta that they showed balls and went on playing to try hard on holding
as long as possible on that now for them very unfair (~1,8) vs.~2,4) game.
It helped me to relax that evening.
Last edited by Gnoo on 09 Jun 2022, 20:20, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Gnoo for the post:
Kiffke

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

So, my statement regarding this case can be read here: viewtopic.php?p=26268#p26268

Looks like I was a bit smarter a year ago.

Since it's a repeative behavior, I'll ask Department of Justice to take a look at it (just in case I'm too soft).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Matty

Post by Matty »

Hi there,
What Kiffke has done was certainly not good but that cannot really be punishable. He thought, most likely wrongly, they would have lost. I don't think he had any other reason to quit than this one, so it is understandable.

It does happen sometimes, even to more experienced players like Kiffke, to think that the game is over while it is not. Clearly, after these facts, I expect him to raise his threshold of quitting to a higher level.
To be more clear I have been also in games I definitely thought I would lose which I won instead, but unless I am 99.99% sure I am gonna lose I won't surrender. Kiffke is probably surrending for much lower than that, since this is not the first time, so as I said I expect him to be aware of this problem at this point and to act accordingly.

If he did quit for different reasons it might be punishable, but, even though we cannot really read his mind, the hypothesis that he actually miscalculated seems the most convincing one.

Of course if this had to repeat with a higher frequency this hypothesis of genuine "miscalculation" would become less likely and punishments might occur.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Case closed for now.

Please inform us about the future events of this type. The Ministry would like to track these things. Usually reports themselves have a positive effect and no further actions are required.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Ministry of Game Affairs of the Empire Earth II Community”