Skirmishpath for EE2 - Interessting?

Discussion About Modding, Changes Ideas, etc.

Would you like to see a Skirmishpath like that in EE2?

I would like to have a skirmish path in EE2.
100%
No, I'm not interested in that and it doesn't fit the game.
No votes

Total votes: 2

Loewenherz

Skirmishpath for EE2 - Interessting?

Post by Loewenherz »

Hey, I'm currently thinking of creating some kind of skirmish part, similar to Stronghold Crusader for Empire Earth 2. You would play against the AI on different maps. In doing so, one could utilise the many maps from the Users and exhaust the interesting setting possibilities of EE2.

Here is a exampel, what i mean:

List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Skirmishpath for EE2 - Interessting?

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Terrible example video.

Could you please define the idea using the words?

From what I remember it was all about generating the random maps, and putting them under the Campaign menu, where players would NOT be able to change the game pace and other settings as they like. For me it's pointless, because it's better when players have a choice of what settings to use, and "bloating" the campaign menu with randomly generated maps simply doesn't make much sense for me. Besides that, there is already a mode called "Tug of War" on EE2: AOS.

It would be nice if you described what's so special in this idea. Is it worth to increase the installer size with randomly generated maps?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Loewenherz

Re: Skirmishpath for EE2 - Interessting?

Post by Loewenherz »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 18 Apr 2022, 10:44 Terrible example video.

Could you please define the idea using the words?

From what I remember it was all about generating the random maps, and putting them under the Campaign menu, where players would NOT be able to change the game pace and other settings as they like. For me it's pointless, because it's better when players have a choice of what settings to use, and "bloating" the campaign menu with randomly generated maps simply doesn't make much sense for me. Besides that, there is already a mode called "Tug of War" on EE2: AOS.

It would be nice if you described what's so special in this idea. Is it worth to increase the installer size with randomly generated maps?
No, these are already self-created battle maps where you play against the AI. But the level of difficulty increases from time to time. The battle situations also differ each time, either because of the alliances or the distribution of resources or whatever. Yes, the setting is firmly defined by me and cannot be changed.

I create a different situation on the maps each time and the user fights on it against the AI. It's like a kind of campaign, but only skirmish and without a story.
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160

Return to “Discussion”