Mechs and Starships

Preview of Unreleased Content and Users Work
PaulStretch

Mechs and Starships

Post by PaulStretch »

Still at work. Made some E15 units. From the left to right, UTK70 Heavy transport used for transporting large vehicles, AL11 APC a six legged mech that can carry 50 infantry, R5 Cougar a general purpose mech that effective against infantry, armor, and air units.
Attachments
E15.png
E15.png (3.61 MiB) Viewed 3577 times

PaulStretch

Re: Mechs and Starships

Post by PaulStretch »

Updated the dropship textures. Now I feel like I have to redo the mechs
Attachments
E15Rev.png
E15Rev.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 3564 times
PaulStretch

Post by PaulStretch »

CC21 Battleship

Almost done. Just have to touch up some of the textures, and finish the turrets

Added after 7 minutes 51 seconds:
View from above. For scale, that's an airport in the bottom right.

Added after 18 minutes 33 seconds:
Ground View. Definitely need to work on the under textures
Attachments
cc21_2.png
cc21_2.png (1.6 MiB) Viewed 3539 times
cc21_1.png
cc21_1.png (3.13 MiB) Viewed 3539 times
cc21.png
cc21.png (2.45 MiB) Viewed 3539 times
PaulStretch

Post by PaulStretch »

This is the Last time I'm going to change the resource names and epochs.

The resources are split into three types. Basic resources (BR), Advanced resources (AR), and Consumable Resources (CR)

BRs like lumber and Stones Materials can be harvested directly from natural resource nodes, and can be spent to create units or ARs

CRs are typically not used to build things, but rather are gathered and used to build units called "Bulk Goods" which supply a strategic bonus. Example. Food Is harvested to produce a unit called "bulk consumables" which provides a food bonus for foot units for a short duration until it is fully "consumed" but the foot units. If you don't produce this bulk unit with this invaluable food bonus, then gradually all of your foot units will die from an area effect called "starvation"

ARs can only be produced at resource refineries. As well as being dropoffs for BRs, refineries produce a small passive amount of their respective AR. To to produce a large quantity quickly, the player has to build a "bulk resource quantity" unit at the refinery. This unit appears on the map, usually in the form of crates, disappears and leaves behind a resource node with it specified AR. This node can then be harvested by a "delivery" unit who takes it to a production building, like a tank factory. ARs become increasingly important as the game advances. None of the late game military units can be built without them.

BRs:
Stone Materials (1-15)
Metal Ores (1-15)
Lumber (1-6) (Also a CR)

ARs:
Concrete (1-15)
Steel (7-12)
Nanite Steel (13-15) (Units made with Nanite steel are regenerate health)

CRs:
Food (1-15)
Fossil Fuels (4-9)
Hydrogen (9-15)

I changed around the Epochs quite a bit. I feel like a lot of players wouldn't enjoy how much I cut down the historical epochs and added to the future ones, But my intention is to ensure that each epoch lasts significantly longer than in the vanilla game. Imagine something like Civ V, With fewer epochs, but each one contains more.

Also Lastly. Tech Points are now the same as money. Research progress is now controlled by research speed, rather than researchers. You build additional universities to increase the rate of research rather than acquire tech points faster.
Attachments
demo.png
demo.png (1.83 MiB) Viewed 3484 times
Sat42

Post by Sat42 »

Man, that battleship is AMAZING, big congrats on that!

The other stuff looks neat too.

Interesting mod you're working on there. Indeed, a much greater focus on the sci-fi dimension.
PaulStretch

Post by PaulStretch »

Thanks, and this mod is an attempt to combine city management with Civ V.
These users thanked the author PaulStretch for the post:
Sat42
Pabelos

Post by Pabelos »

Woooooow some great modding at least is starting on that game :) Great ideas Mr PaulStretch, btw I have a question for you: What files do you modify to add these new resources to the game? Im back for modding so I wanna know. And btw if u have some probelms which game lags I very recommend using software called Process Lasso and set Empire Earth 2 priority to high, it helps me a lot and finally i can play normal :)
PaulStretch

Post by PaulStretch »

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply. Been busy with work. You can't add new resources unfortunately, you can only modify the appearance of existing resources. You'd modify the following files:

db/Text/dbtext_ingame_misc.utf8 (Change in game display name of resources)

db/Text/dbtext_widgettips.utf8 (Change display name of resources on trade panel)

texture/cache/texcache/InGame_Resources_01.texcache (graphic for food,wood,stone,gold,tin,Tech-points,pop capacity,territories)

texture/cache/texcache/InGame_Resources_02.texcache (graphic for iron,oil,uranium,saltpeter)

The texcache file is a bit tricky because you really can't access the texcache file to change it. What I had to do was replace it with a tga file that had the same dimensions and slowly move my new icons around on the tga file till they lined up with where the game pulls the icons from the image. What the game actually does is cuts the tga file into a grid, and pulls from each grid that corresponds to a resource in game. If you want I can send you my tga files to use as templates. You need gimp to edit it though.
Lastly you can't change the epoch that a resource becomes available. So what I did was I chose new resource names that made sense for the epoch they'd appear in. I also changed the name of epochs to give me more flexibility in this process.
Attachments
InGame_Resources_01.png
InGame_Resources_01.png (44.62 KiB) Viewed 3320 times
Pabelos

Post by Pabelos »

Hi, no prob bro I have a work too so I know how it is ;) Thx to share a knowledge about what files you modify and yes I will be very appreciate if u can share which me and whole community which your templates ;) Again, thank you.

Return to “Spotlight”