The Roman Expedition (quest based scenario)

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
calsch03

The Roman Expedition (quest based scenario)

Post by calsch03 »

In my latest mission for Empire Earth II you follow the adventures of Julius Caesar as he marched north into barbaric territory. But these northern lands hold many mysteries and it's up to Caesar to decide how to deal with them.

For inspiration I looked at the way quests are designed in Skyrim and tried to create a scenario that feels like you follow a quest with a custom story, exploration and player choice. There are two endings to this mission to add some replay value. Be sure to read the hints for the scenario as it contains some useful info about the mechanics being used in the scenario.

You can play this scenario right now in the The Art of Supremacy expansion by updating to the latest version of the EE2 Unofficial Patch 1.5.

The Roman Expedition (Calsch03) ScreenShot 1.jpg
The Roman Expedition (Calsch03) ScreenShot 1.jpg (452.68 KiB) Viewed 10672 times
The Roman Expedition (Calsch03) ScreenShot 2.jpg
The Roman Expedition (Calsch03) ScreenShot 2.jpg (529.05 KiB) Viewed 10672 times
The Roman Expedition (Calsch03) ScreenShot 3.jpg
The Roman Expedition (Calsch03) ScreenShot 3.jpg (505.04 KiB) Viewed 10672 times

Updates:
- ver. 1.1 - September 2021:
* Added the cooperative mode for 2 players (accessible by the "Create Game" -> "Game Type" -> "Load Saved Game" -> "The Roman Expedition Coop (Calsch03).sav" on Multiplayer Lobby).
* Players can now respond with "1" and "2" in the mission.
* Added the PreventDeletion effect to Leaders to make sure that players won't accidentally delete them and fail the mission.
* Travelers AI now have their population limit set to 0 in order to fix a glitch where players could send merchants to the AI for easy conversion.
* Several minor mission texts improvements.

Credits:
- Loewenherz for creating the EE3 map this scenario uses.
- Dr. MonaLisa for including this mission in the Unofficial Patch 1.5.
Last edited by calsch03 on 10 Sep 2021, 12:02, edited 5 times in total.
These users thanked the author calsch03 for the post:
Dr.MonaLisa

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: The Roman Expedition (quest based scenario)

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Awesome work. Thank you for providing new content for UP1.5.

The map is also amazing (credits to Loew), especially with Anti-aliasing in UP1.5 it looks like a new game!
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
These users thanked the author Dr.MonaLisa for the post:
calsch03
calsch03

Post by calsch03 »

Tnx, it was a lot of fun to create this scenario. With Loew's detailed map and UP1.5 improvements it does look a lot nicer indeed.
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Hi, calsch03! I'm stuck on the "inspect the mysterious statue" mission. Please help, what should I do to progress? May be something isn't loaded correctly?
calsch03

Post by calsch03 »

Hi Bogdan. You should discover it and then capture it with your units.
These users thanked the author calsch03 for the post:
Dr.MonaLisa
Radu273

Post by Radu273 »

hi! this mission is updated to work with the latest unofficial patch of ee2? i have a lot of problems playing it although i read the instructions. firstly the capture of the statue does not work, i forced my way with cheats eventually. and after that i tried a lot of commands to give to respond to the statue but they dont work. can somebody update the mission to work or help me to accomplish it?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

We tested this scenario multiple times, a few months ago and everything worked as expected. Why you can't capture the statue? What other problems do you experience? The commands to respond are simple numbers (for example "1", "2", etc.).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Radu273

Post by Radu273 »

the capturing statue was my fault.i selected priests and tried to capture it. im such a moron. i did play the whole official campaign. but the second part with sending messages im not sure. the objective says to respond by typing 1 or 2, so i press enter, and in the box where i send messages to my teammates or enter cheats i type 1 or 2, but nothing show up, no updated quests, nothing. i did check the box to send the message to all the factions if it matters
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Could you please click on this link: empireearth2://GenerateMD5Checksums-Rep ... 73-EndNick ?
It will ask you to open UP1.5 Launcher. Then wait for the checksum generation to finish, and paste the link to it in this topic, so I can verify if all files are fine (and newest version).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Radu273

Post by Radu273 »

https://ee2.eu/validator/?viewreport=20 ... 273.report
thank you for taking the time to help me! my instalation of ee2 is pretty recent with all updates included with the full unofficial patch 1.5 and 2 or 3 incremental patches to bring it to latest version

Added after 10 minutes 27 seconds:
i can give you other details if it helps. i started the map from campaign section, i assimilated both the tribes, i captured all the other territories, i advanced to epoch 4 and done all the upgrades and after i captured the statue the objective was updated with conversation which goes two ways and i had caesar near the statue and tried to type in 1 for example but not worked. i saw that with my soldiers now i can capture the statue again, and that faction is listed in relationship, at war

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”