problem playing on latest windows 10

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
leitskev@gmail.com

problem playing on latest windows 10

Post by leitskev@gmail.com »

Downloaded the game to a brand new windows 10 machine. Not in S mode.

But the game is unplayable because the cursor arrow won't access the lower bar, where the "launch" button is. Can't even launch game because of that.
Thanks!

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: problem playing on latest windows 10

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi. Did you actually install Unofficial Patch 1.5? By the default it should run in the Full Screen mode after the patch installation:
https://ee2.eu/patch
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
leitskev@gmail.com

Wow, this seems very complicated to install. My effort failed.

Added after 12 minutes 49 seconds:
Success! Thanks!
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

What exactly was complicated? Could you please share what made problems? The feedback is important for me, because based on it I can make improvements to the installer.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
leitskev@gmail.com

Actually, I think originally I clicked on wrong link. The link to the patch download didn''t look like a link to me, so I originally missed it. Ended up hitting some link that led to a download and instructions about moving files to folders. Which I did, but it did not work. But I had successfully installed it a couple weeks ago on different computer, so I went back, and this time recognized the link. It went smooth from there, thanks!

The game runs VERY smooth on the brand new windows 10 machine. Actually, Windows 10 finally runs well. On my last laptop it was incredibly slow. Even opening a files folder would take like 12 seconds. Now it boots very quickly and everything runs very fast.

But I have had 2 problems. One, I can't see the planes and copters, or I can barely see them if I get it in the right spot. It's like the POV is zoomed in too close, just by a little. But I can't change it. This laptop is small and there is no numbers keyboard. I had learned to use pg up and pg dwn to change the zoom, but nothing works on thos computer for that. So when I want to target planes that are already circulating against an enemy target, it's almost impossible, except by using alt cntrl E, which calls all planes, or B, which calls all bombers.

The other issue is that Art of Supremacy won't open. So can just play skirmishes.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks for the reply.

I suppose you visited the Developers Version link: https://www.ee2.eu/patch/developers/ and that contained a .zip archive with files. The Developers Version was designed for players who use the other EE2 mods, that's why the installation procedure is manual.

Glad to hear that you can finally enjoy the computer and the game with acceptable performance for 2021 :)
But I have had 2 problems. One, I can't see the planes and copters, or I can barely see them if I get it in the right spot. It's like the POV is zoomed in too close, just by a little. But I can't change it. This laptop is small and there is no numbers keyboard. I had learned to use pg up and pg dwn to change the zoom, but nothing works on thos computer for that. So when I want to target planes that are already circulating against an enemy target, it's almost impossible, except by using alt cntrl E, which calls all planes, or B, which calls all bombers.
It sounds like you disabled UP1.5 Units and are using the original EE2 camera? I would recommend to go to UP1.5 Settings window, and click on "Restore Default Config" button. That should fix the zooms. Details about the "Disable UP1.5 Units" option: https://www.ee2.eu/help/#disablefeatures (I would recommend to keep them turned on).

For zoom-in and zoom-out I use the + (plus) and - (minus) key on the numeric keyboard (on the right). Not sure if your laptop has it. You can connect an external USB mouse, and zoom in/out using the scrolling wheel. Scrolling should also be possible with your new laptop, using two fingers at the same time and moving up/down on the touchpad.
The other issue is that Art of Supremacy won't open. So can just play skirmishes.
That's strange. Please click here and paste the link to generated report:

empireearth2://GenerateMD5Checksums-Rep ... ev-EndNick

If it's a new laptop, it's possible that the default graphics drivers are pre-installed. So it would be nice to find the newest graphics drivers from Intel / Nvidia or AMD website.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
leitskev@gmail.com

About to click link. As for POV settings, I didn't change any. Thanks.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi again.

It seems like you clicked on the link but didn't post it in the topic.

I found your report now: https://ee2.eu/validator/?viewreport=20 ... kev.report

It seems like your AOS installation is damaged. You have a lot of extra files in folder: zips_ee2x

Most likely you copied some folders over, or installed the patch to zips_ee2x at first attempt. This is why AOS is not starting / crashing.

I would recommend to:
1. Uninstall EE2 + AOS completely.
2. Delete the remaining folder.
3. Install EE2 + AOS again.
4. Install Unofficial Patch 1.5 again from: https://ee2.eu/patch

You can also follow that report, and remove extra folders manually: https://ee2.eu/validator/?viewreport=20 ... additional

When you finish, please generate the report again (by clicking the same link) so I can check again if everything is fine.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”