Entry Point Not Found

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Mitakuye

Entry Point Not Found

Post by Mitakuye »

Once the 1.5 patch finishes downloading, an error message "EE2.exe - Entry Point Not Found" is displayed followed by the VM instantly restarting after I click the error message box's "ok" button. The exact message reads, "The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." Everytime I start the game, this message is displayed as well.

Fortunately, I saved a copy of the game folder so I am able to revert back to the unmodified files to continue to play EE2 xpac without problems.

Is there a fix for this? Should I simply just ditch operating this from a VM and install it directly to my Win10 machine?

Thanks for your time and appreciate any help.

------------------
For more information :
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, first off I have to say quite awesome how support has continued for this game. I'm returning to play alot of my old DOS/Win98SE/WinXP games and EmpireEarth is definitely a classic to me. So, thanks for all the effort into this! I have thick skin and very open to read what necessary for me to do to get this patch working.

I use virtuatlization environments, created by VMWare Workstation 15 Player, for the appropriate OS's on all of my old games so they can run properly. My host machine is Windows 10 Home Edition (64-bit). For the guest virtuatilization machine (VM) to run EE2, I have a WinXP VM to execute EE2. Basically, the WinXP VM has full XP capabilities including functional drivers and tcp/ip to work with my current host hardware managed by Win10.

EE2 runs wonderfully. I have the original CDs of EE1 and EE2 plus xpac from a very long time ago. Absolutely love revisiting this game due to how the AI have settings to actually make them difficult.

I would like to try to play multiplayer so I found you guys, but there is the problem.

Mitakuye

Re: Entry Point Not Found

Post by Mitakuye »

Oh, forgot to add. I did choose the "English UK" option from the 1.5 patch because this installation is from the original cds rather than a digital download.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.

Unofficial Patch 1.5 works since Windows XP Service Pack 3, but in the short future the Support for Windows XP will be dropped (it slows down the Launcher development process a lot, by using separate functions for XP).

I believe you're using an older version of Windows XP than Service Pack 3, and that's why the new Launcher file (which is actually compiled with newest Visual Studio 2019 compiler) has problems to start. In Unofficial Patch 1.5 the original EE2.exe and EE2X.exe files are replaced by the new Launcher, and the actual game process is generated depending on selected patch settings, and started from a different folder in "Unofficial Patch Files" folder.

I would strongly recommend to install EE2 + 1.5 on your normal OS (Windows 10). With UP1.5 it should run flawlessly and even with better performance than on an antic OS version.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Mitakuye

Post by Mitakuye »

You are correct! I have not updated this XP VM since I have installed it from disc. I have not yet installed the XP updates.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will install this on my Win10 OS.

I appreciate this.

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 18:01 Hi.

Unofficial Patch 1.5 works since Windows XP Service Pack 3, but in the short future the Support for Windows XP will be dropped (it slows down the Launcher development process a lot, by using separate functions for XP).

I believe you're using an older version of Windows XP than Service Pack 3, and that's why the new Launcher file (which is actually compiled with newest Visual Studio 2019 compiler) has problems to start. In Unofficial Patch 1.5 the original EE2.exe and EE2X.exe files are replaced by the new Launcher, and the actual game process is generated depending on selected patch settings, and started from a different folder in "Unofficial Patch Files" folder.

I would strongly recommend to install EE2 + 1.5 on your normal OS (Windows 10). With UP1.5 it should run flawlessly and even with better performance than on antic OS version.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Good luck! Please write later how it works on Win10.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”