Ping problem

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
BlackBaroness

Ping problem

Post by BlackBaroness »

I often play multiplayer with my friend. We sit side by side. We have Internet is 1-3MB / sec . But under this constantly shows high ping or during game goes "waiting" one of us. Can something be done about it?

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Ping problem

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello.

Could you please confirm that sitting "side by side" means you're both connected to the same home router?

If yes, the Multiplayer Lobby should establish a local connection (without using the Internet) for it, and the ping should be under 20.
I'm glad you posted this topic, because there is a big hope that we will be able to troubleshot it.

Please confirm this little detail, and please write the multiplayer lobby nickname that you and your friend are using, so I can check NAT/MonaNAT logs, too.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
BlackBaroness

Post by BlackBaroness »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 15:07 Hello.

Could you please confirm that sitting "side by side" means you're both connected to the same home router?

If yes, the Multiplayer Lobby should establish a local connection (without using the Internet) for it, and the ping should be under 20.
I'm glad you posted this topic, because there is a big hope that we will be able to troubleshot it.

Please confirm this little detail, and please write the multiplayer lobby nickname that you and your friend are using, so I can check NAT/MonaNAT logs, too.
Thanks for the answer. Yes, we are connected to the same network.
My nick: Sirius_White
Friend nickname: LaCosaNostra
When it connects, the ping ranges from 60 to 500 and above
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thank you for details.

It seem like there are not entries in the NAT log database for "Sirius_White", "LaCosaNostra" nicknames (except one, where some Chinese player tried to join your game).

This means that the connection is most likely successful using a direct joining (no NAT).

I'm not sure why it still would go over the Internet.

Please try to temporary disable Windows Firewall (or another one if installed), on both computers, then restart game and try to join again:
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-disable ... ll-2624505

Also, do you guys by any chance have a program like "Hamachi" running at the same time? Or even installed? If yes, I would recommend to uninstall it completely.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
BlackBaroness

Post by BlackBaroness »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 15:45 Thank you for details.

It seem like there are not entries in the NAT log database for "Sirius_White", "LaCosaNostra" nicknames (except one, where some Chinese player tried to join your game).

This means that the connection is most likely successful using a direct joining (no NAT).

I'm not sure why it still would go over the Internet.

Please try to temporary disable Windows Firewall (or another one if installed), on both computers, then restart game and try to join again:
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-disable ... ll-2624505

Also, do you guys by any chance have a program like "Hamachi" running at the same time? Or even installed? If yes, I would recommend to uninstall it completely.
Hamachi was I have once, now'll check, there is whether until now. Thanks.
And I will try to disable Firewall
Thanks again.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks for the reply.

I'm waiting for a feedback to see if this issue is resolved.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
BlackBaroness

Post by BlackBaroness »

I had the Windows firewall turned off, there were no Hamachi-type programs, but I didn't have a local connection to a friend who was connected to my network.

Dr. Mona Lisa tried to help me, and I thank him for that.

I was inspired by the command in the Windows command line " ping [IP-address]". It showed that file packets were sent either rarely or not at all.

The "ipconfig" command showed that there are no local connections. Taking Google and looking for a solution to the problem, I found an extremely simple solution: reset the network settings.

To do this, go to "Network", then select "Reset network settings" and confirm the reset.

The option reset the Windows network settings, reset the adapters, and reinstalled the network drivers.

Attention! After resetting, passwords to Wi-Fi networks are also deleted.

Using the same "ping" command, I checked the connection on both sides and it worked perfectly. Going into the game, I was happy to ping: 7 instead of the previous 90 (which is not normal for a local network).

The game works quickly, without expectations and suspensions.

I hope that this will help someone.

Thanks.

Topic Solved & Locked
If anyone has the same problem, please open a new topic

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”