How to add custom civ to map editor

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
marcus.browng82

How to add custom civ to map editor

Post by marcus.browng82 »

Hi,

Do you know if it is possible to add a custom civilization into a map editor scenario? I created a Spanish.civ for my Spanish Empire but could not use it other than in Skirmishes. Thank you

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: How to add custom civ to map editor

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.
The similar topic was discussed a few days ago, here: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5283

Basically, by default it seems to be impossible.
I tried to unlock it on the civ choosing list in the map editor, but it was crashing and I didn't manage to do it.

So the simplest answer is "No", it's impossible. Theorically it should be possible, but AOS developers didn't focus on "details" at all.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
marcus.browng82

Post by marcus.browng82 »

Thanks for the reply. Such a shame since unlike Empire Earth 1, there are so many civilizations that could have been added. Hopefully one day this would be possible:
Spanish: the Spanish Empire dominated the world from around 1500s to 1650s. Kingdom of England and France were no match for the mighty Spain.
Persian: Achaemenid Empire, Parthian Empire
Saracens: during Salah ad-Din and the Crusades
Mongol: Genghis Khan's Empire
Indian: Mughal, Gupta
Brazilian Empire
Portuguese Empire
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Hi Marcus. I am thoroughly examining executable code written in assembly, language that I don't have great comprehension of, to find the clue which will allow to add unlimited number of civilizations, or at least 150 which is the number of countries in the actual epoch which is above enough. It's difficult I won't deny, but I since it is POSSIBLE. If you want we can exchange information about reverse engineering of EXE file, it's not that difficult I think, anyway owners of copyright don't care longer since very much time. Some day we will have more civs, you will see. For the moment I have replaced babylonian civ by Hindi civilization with flag-bearers and outpost per-civilization. Be hopeful!!!
These users thanked the author Gonzalo for the post:
skyfuzzball8312
skyfuzzball8312

Post by skyfuzzball8312 »

Gonzalo wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 10:57 Hi Marcus. I am thoroughly examining executable code written in assembly, language that I don't have great comprehension of, to find the clue which will allow to add unlimited number of civilizations, or at least 150 which is the number of countries in the actual epoch which is above enough. It's difficult I won't deny, but I since it is POSSIBLE. If you want we can exchange information about reverse engineering of EXE file, it's not that difficult I think, anyway owners of copyright don't care longer since very much time. Some day we will have more civs, you will see. For the moment I have replaced babylonian civ by Hindi civilization with flag-bearers and outpost per-civilization. Be hopeful!!!
Well, are you sure about that?
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Truth about number of civilizations is toroughly hard.

Return to “Questions”