Post and Watch Games

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
You can post any screenshots and game recordings here.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Extreme example of Babylonian War on medium Pangea map

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Coo1 wrote: 06 Sep 2019, 05:13 Great Idea! Sorry I did not realize right away how it would work. As you said each post would have just one game and a good descriptive title. Would it be possible for you, as a Moderator, to relocate my multi-posts in that section and to divide it in separate posts? I would continue posting as you suggests afterwards.
Thanks for your help. Coo1
Don't worry about it. I moved the topic to screenshots section. I think as long as those are only your games posted it can be all in a single topic (even better because interested people don't need to open multiple tabs, just scroll down). If you still want to separate them, please let me know.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Coo1

Re: Post Your Game -- Manage Your Army instead of building, building, building, building...

Post by Coo1 »

Good example of a player carried away with military building construction and gathering resources instead of using army in a correct way. Just sending hordes of military units will not work in strategic 1 vs. 1 games. It is NOT 11-11 with all explored/fast pace/fast speed/"no spy" settings.
This particular player was outnumbering with population, military units and building. Instead of managing the army, the units were sent for slaughter. The game started as "usual," on medium plain map. No resources, citizens, or explored map. Just a scout and a citicenter. As the game progressed, IndieRock00 accumulated larger army and better units. However using melee units effectively neutralized many stone throwers. You see, when stone thrower is attacked -- IT STOPS FIRING! So, if you have melee units (those guys with swords) or horse melee units attacking artillery units, it renders it USELESS! Also, parting your army is VERY risky, because the opponent could wipe out small bands of military easier. Yet another strategic statement: "NEVER FIGHT TOWERS, JUST GO AROUND THEM (on condition they are away from main defense area)... Enjoy the movie.
(2019_09_07)_(09_54)Coo1_IndieRock00.e2s
Coo1

Post Your Game -- do your math -- micromanagement does work in 1 vs. 1 games

Post by Coo1 »

Those who disregard this issue "micromanagement" really should play 1 vs 1 games only for FUN. It is so convenient to say later that the game was "just for fun..." Anyway here is another game when a player (happened to be "Kwame") was just making units and sending them to their death. I am sure that many players would do much better if all of them would pay more attention to small things like number of villager, resource count numbers and the army -- especially what is it doing. It is not going to be enough to just "make army." One must supervise what the army is doing. In this game a potentially good player was completely careless about the army. The result is "as usual." I am looking for a good player to educate me. Please do watch these games, do learn from them, please give me a good game.
(2019_06_02)_(11_15)Coo1_Kwame.e2s
PS NEVER EVER BUILD YOUR BUILDINGS NEXT TO THE WATER'S EDGE
Coo1

Post Your Game -- I almost got killed in this interesting game

Post by Coo1 »

Here is the example of me being completely wiped out (almost). The problem with the other player was that instead of hunting me down, the player dedicated the army destroying buildings. Imagine how long it would take for archers to take down a bunch of military buildings. Meanwhile I was able to produce counter units and finished the Haranhaga. Enjoy the movie!
(2019_06_10)_(17_03)Coo1_haranhaga.e2s
Coo1

Post Your Game - Chinese Monks Vs. Turkish Cavalry

Post by Coo1 »

This is an interesting game, Chinese against Turks on a medium Pangea map with no resources, no citizens, unexplored.
It started very predictably from the Turks, but Chinese invested heavily in gathering stone, gold and food. They built only Temple and University while Turks predictably started pumping out cavalry out of two Barracks. But... truth be told, Chinese Monks wiped their behind with Turkish Cavalry. After conversion Turkish Cavalry started to decimate their own villagers and Chinese Monks also converted a few villagers. The game did not last beyond first 20 minutes. Very interesting game...

Pictures below shows incremental game progression. Enjoy the movie!
(2019_09_18)_(17_14)Coo1_Alex123lolKoll.e2s
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Post Your Game

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Beautiful Tundra.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Coo1

Post by Coo1 »

I agree the Tundra map is beautiful but different, it allows good movement because there are very few Rivers. Tundra also has magnificent array of sounds. It would be interesting to have certain areas on the map which represent swamps, of course if it is possible. It would be interesting to observe how troops are moving significantly slower or even drown in that map area which is designated as swamp. Of course I don't know the extent of this possibility, but this is a distinctive Tundra feature.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

The level of rivers is controlled on the game setup screen. It's the same for all climates.
Unfortunately, it's impossible to modify terrains that much. Setting Tundra-a-like textures was already very challenging (and I was still unhappy).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Coo1

Post Your Game -- Koreans vs. Koreans ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Coo1 »

One more game with Alex123lolKoll where we both played Koreans. Army management and counter-units ruled the game. My rams completely destroyed all defenses... I believe this player is a smurf trying to gain by pretending to be a new player, nevertheless Alex123lolKoll lost this game...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(2019_09_19)_(13_37).e2s
Coo1

Post Your Game

Post by Coo1 »

Here are a few games with total population 2x100. It is not easy and there is much to know about the game. Just remember that I post only games I won. It is kind of redemption for those games I lose. :-) In these games there is a lot of running around and if you like epic games with hundreds of units and catapults -- perhaps you would want to skip it. Anyway, these games show that thinking is important in RTS games.... I am tired and lazy to post pictures, but the game-play is really nice. Both players have won over me, but in these games they lost... lucky me. Don't be mistaken I have lost a number of games against these players, but they are more lazy than me to post my losing games. Mhwo-hahaha!

Return to “Screenshots & Playbacks”