Crash on map generator scenarios

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Gonzalo

Crash on map generator scenarios

Post by Gonzalo »

Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (26.63 KiB) Viewed 3329 times
Here is my error that I obtain when trying to play map generated other than plain in the editor...please help!! I am using EE4 and I don't have a backup to which I may return...

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Crash on map generator scenarios

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I am using EE4 and I don't have a backup to which I may return...
Just because you didn't make a backup we're now supposed to waste time trying to fix files error caused by your modifications, and the only provided thing is an useless unhandled exception crash code?

If you are "smart" enough to not make backups (which by the way take like 1-2 minutes to finish, depending on the hard drive speed), then reinstall EE2 and your EE4 mod.

Topic locked as there is absolutely no point to continue discussion like this.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Gonzalo

Crash of game

Post by Gonzalo »

I ALWAYS make backups, Dr. Mona Lisa, but NONE of them work on generated scenarios, even the oldest. And I tell you for sure that they WORKED some hours ago. I have tried to adapt Terrain/mapgen.csv from UP 1.5 (which DOES work) and it still crashes. Now I am checking if the audio I have added to mediterranean and tundra climate is the cause of crashes. But this is not a request for help, and please remove this post if it isn't in the right place of your forum. This is a "claim" that you ought to aid me just like other gamers or fans. The idea of tundra climate was MINE...
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Is it MY fault that you have problems providing information? Each time you post help request it sounds like:
"It crashes, please help"
"doesn't work"
"it was working before but now it isn't".

You never provide useful information or steps you took to resolve the issue.

But this is not a request for help, and please remove this post if it isn't in the right place of your forum.
How it's not a request for help if it's posted in "Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support" subforum?

I skipped the fact you're asking for help on a totally different mod, which is not supported by any of us:
https://www.ee2.eu/patch/developers/
2019-08-28 18_21_50-EE2.eu - UP1.5 - Developers Version, compatible with the other mods.png
2019-08-28 18_21_50-EE2.eu - UP1.5 - Developers Version, compatible with the other mods.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 3324 times
I have tried to adapt Terrain/mapgen.csv from UP 1.5 (which DOES work) and it still crashes. Now I am checking if the audio I have added to mediterranean and tundra climate is the cause of crashes.
You claimed you ALWAYS make backups. Why not revert to the version before you applied "Tundra"?

And, if it's all about "Tundra" why making new topics instead of using the existing topic?
This is a "claim" that you ought to aid me just like other gamers or fans. The idea of tundra climate was MINE...
If you want you can get a special treatment == full ignoring of your information-less topics/posts. My patience is high enough to still reply to you, even after shit you talked recently to other players.

And stop being ridiculous. Tundra entries exist in EE2, because it was planned and then used as Arctic climate in EE3.
The initial idea of Tundra climate was actually MINE, in 2014 during "Night" improvements.
The only reason why it's being worked on now, is because you REMIND of it, and Loew is helping a lot to make it useful.
Also, your contribution in adding Tundra is 0.01%. You basically did nothing useful, and provided files by you were crashing game (not to mention that some things were changed without testing, just changed like some monkey who tried to use a calculator). Loew for now did 80% of work, including textures import, trees, sun direction and colors, and I prepared a working files structure and fully new audio files. So sorry, but if you make claims like this that the IDEA WAS YOUR, then bye.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Okok I have installed Empire Earth 2 anew and added normal 1.5 patch, no tundra, no mediterranean climate...a clean installation of the mod from factory. Still map editor makes small islands random map to crash the game.
OK, I have contributed little to Tundra climate OF YOUR PATCH. But my EE4 version has TUNDRA AND MEDITERRANEAN working perfectly ok, with special sounds, textures, specific animals and farms.
So what's the problem?? The problem is that I have installed your (normal) patch 1.5 and I can't create random generated maps but plains mediterranean and pangea.
Sorry, I don't want to be unpolite, just I hope you help me to solve my problem with your patch. Thanks in advance.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

So what's the problem?? The problem is that I have installed your (normal) patch 1.5 and I can't create random generated maps but plains mediterranean and pangea.
Works fine, I just tested:
EE2_ScreenShot529.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot529.jpg (374.93 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
Things you can try:
- Go to Documents
- Rename folder "Empire Earth II" to "Empire Earth II OLD".
- Rename folder "Empire Earth II The Art of Supremacy" to "Empire Earth II The Art of Supremacy OLD".

Try to generate small islands again.

If EE4 mod changed something in Documents or simply cached incompatible files, then you will need to detect which component causes it.

Also, if the Normal 1.5 on a clean EE2 is the last thing you installed, please click here:
empireearth2://GenerateMD5Checksums-Rep ... lo-EndNick
Then paste a link to the report here.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 15:25
Works fine, I just tested:
EE2_ScreenShot529.jpg

Things you can try:
- Go to Documents
- Rename folder "Empire Earth II" to "Empire Earth II OLD".
- Rename folder "Empire Earth II The Art of Supremacy" to "Empire Earth II The Art of Supremacy OLD".

Try to generate small islands again.

If EE4 mod changed something in Documents or simply cached incompatible files, then you will need to detect which component causes it.

Also, if the Normal 1.5 on a clean EE2 is the last thing you installed, please click here:
empireearth2://GenerateMD5Checksums-Rep ... lo-EndNick
Then paste a link to the report here.
Thank you very much for your help, Dr., I always treat you badly and you always keep helping me...SORRY I really regrethaving trerated you not as you deserve in the past.
I am making checksum and am about to apply the suggestion on Documents that you have made me. Sincerely thankful to you...

Added after 10 minutes 40 seconds:
Problem solved, as well in 1.5 patch as in EE4...THANK YOU very much Dr. Mona Lisa!!!

Topic Solved & Locked
If anyone has the same problem, please open a new topic

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”