Change Atomic bomb impact and explosin range

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
Markus96

Change Atomic bomb impact and explosin range

Post by Markus96 »

Hello,

I have already adjusted the damage, range and speed of the missile silo rocket. What I would like to reach now is that the explosion animation of the atomic bomb has a higher range and the impact crater remains longer. Also the explosion should last a little longer, about 10 to 25 seconds. I have already edited several properties in the file visual_expl_ammo_nuke but unfortunately I don't understand which properties influence which one. If you could help me, that would be really great.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Change Atomic bomb impact and explosin range

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.
If you're modding on the normal UP1.5 (non-Developers version), then you need to the following files:
EE2: db_155.zip\db_155.zip\db\Visuals\visual_expl_ammo_nuke_15.ddf
AOS: zips_ee2x\EE2X_db_155.zip\EE2X_db\visual_expl_ammo_nuke_15.ddf

Unfortunately, I failed at editing nuclear explosion effects, and it resulted in ugly animations as in this video:

Then some updates later I copied nuclear explosion effects from EE4 mod (:

So the only possibility would be comparing files before/after... I personally won't be able to help more, as editing it was a very annoying experience.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Markus96

Re: Change Atomic bomb impact and explosin range

Post by Markus96 »

Thanks for the quick answer. I have noticed that the impact crater of the atomic bomb you created will remain longer. How can I show this crater on the terrain for a longer time? My second question is why the hitpoints of the city center unit are set to 0. It would also be really cool if the ai would also use the city builder and build buildings like building complexes or a MG nest. What I often notice is that the AI attacks with helicopters all the time. Thanks for your help.

Return to “Questions”