Chinese lagging problem still here....

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!

Chinese lagging problem still here....

Post by 27638166 »

When my mouse move to pull down menu ,which have Chinese description it will lag for 8~9 seconds is this bug?
CPU :I5-8400
RAM :16G
using ssd

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Chinese lagging problem still here....

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.
Please try the following steps:

1. In Unofficial Patch 1.5 Launcher click on the "Change UP1.5 Settings" button.
2. Find the "Enable Automatic Font Size" checkbox (at the bottom) and uncheck it.
3. Click "OK - Save Changes" and restart game. Click "YES" when the Launcher asks you to start some function as administrator (it's needed to remove Auto-Fonts file).
Annotation 2019-04-23 041831.png
Annotation 2019-04-23 041831.png (220.96 KiB) Viewed 3271 times

Please confirm if this solution solves your problem. I might need to prepare a warning in the News window for Chinese versions.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello again.

I detected that the source file for Auto Fonts was incorrect for Chinese language. It seems like Chinese uses different fonts than all other languages.
I prepared a fix for it, which should auto-detect if your game language is Chinese and generate Auto-Fonts using a new source file.

Please download the following zip archive, and unpack to your main game folder:
//Removed

In UP1.5 Settings "Enable Automatic Font Size" should be CHECKED.

Please test and tell me if it works better.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

The fix for Chinese languages has been reverted with Minor Update 157031 (26th of February 2020): https://www.ee2.eu/patch/changes/#157031
— "Automatic Font Size for Screen Resolutions" improvements:
* By default, disabled the fix for Chinese language, added in update 157009. It's because of crashes reported by Chinese players.
* The different fonts can still be restored, by the custom configuration command: "AutomaticFontSizeForceRegionMode=0" in UP1.5 Settings (0 = Automatic detection, 1 = English file, 2 = Chinese file).
— Updated DirectX 9 (DX8 to DX9 converter) to improve reliability.
Summary:
- The different Auto-fonts configuration file (a special one for Chinese version) causes game crashes on some screen resolutions. I'm unable to fix it fully. So it has been switched off by default.
- The new fix most likely didn't resolve reported issues. From my tests, the fonts were still loading slowly in game :(
- I have no idea how else this can be fixed, but if anyone finds a solution or has any ideas what can be the problem - please write.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”