Camera of idle citizens

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Dexter6

Camera of idle citizens

Post by Dexter6 »

Hi,

Can I change settings of camera in EE2, for not following idle citizen when I choose the one? (Shift + ,). I want to choose them without moving of camera to other place.

Thank you in advance.

PS. Sorry for my english, I am from Poland.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Camera of idle citizens

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.

Unfortunately it's currently impossible. The hotkey in game files is called: "CycleSelectAndCenterUnits", so it's the expected behavior.
I was working on a workaround, but then detected that it would cause more problems than useful behaviors (for example islands map).
After UP1.5.7 release, the camera zoom settings have been significantly increased, so selecting idle citizens without the camera-move should not be that problematic as before.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.
The feature to disable the camera centering was added with the last Minor Update (157007):
- New feature: Maximization Helper has an option named: "Don't center camera for 'Cycle Select' hotkeys":
* It disables camera centering after CycleSelectAndCenterUnits hotkey is pressed (, comma or . dot).
* It can be useful for fast-building in Multiplayer games on Plains map type, but might cause problems on the other map types.
* It is a game memory hack (the Launcher modifies the specified address), so changing the state of this option has immediate effect (no game restart is required).
2019-03-13 17_57_19-Unofficial Patch 1.5 - Maximization Helper.png
2019-03-13 17_57_19-Unofficial Patch 1.5 - Maximization Helper.png (144.11 KiB) Viewed 2110 times

I believe it resolves your question.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Dexter6

Post by Dexter6 »

This change was very important in my opinion, thank you ;)

Topic Solved & Locked
If anyone has the same problem, please open a new topic

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”