EE2 AoS Civ Editor Australia

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
EmpireEarthManiac

EE2 AoS Civ Editor Australia

Post by EmpireEarthManiac »

Hello everybody,

I have made Australia in AoS Civ Editor and was looking for some input on it.

It is a western civilization

Civ Attributes: Coastal and Air defenses inflict 25% more damage
Fortresses and Outposts cost 25% less
I chose these two attributes because of the forts that the British built in Australia and all of the coastal defenses and fortresses the Australians built in WW2.

Unique Units: Frontiersman (like America Australia started as a colony and was explored), Light Horse (during epochs 6-10 Australia was still a British colony with British troops), Thunder Gun (Didn’t really know what to put here and just chose Between thunder gun or sunray)

For Auto-Researched Techs I focused mostly on Economics for the first 3 epochs and then for epoch 4 and on I chose 2 techs from each catagory.

Any input would be great to make it as realistic as possible!

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: EE2 AoS Civ Editor Australia

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks for sharing.

You might want to share your Custom Civ file when it's finished.
Those files are stored in the: "Documents\Empire Earth II The Art of Supremacy\CustomCivs" directory.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
EmpireEarthManiac

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 01:10 Thanks for sharing.

You might want to share your Custom Civ file when it's finished.
Those files are stored in the: "Documents\Empire Earth II The Art of Supremacy\CustomCivs" directory.
Do you know if there is a way to add new unique units? And to make the custom civs playable by AI?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

EmpireEarthManiac wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 01:43 Do you know if there is a way to add new unique units? And to make the custom civs playable by AI?
Unfortunately I don't know much about the custom civs. Same with the AI scripts regarding civilizations usage.
The "adding new units" procedure requires a "heavy" modding on game files, model files and textures... I don't think it's worth to learn it just for that.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
EmpireEarthManiac

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 01:46
EmpireEarthManiac wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 01:43 Do you know if there is a way to add new unique units? And to make the custom civs playable by AI?
Unfortunately I don't know much about the custom civs. Same with the AI scripts regarding civilizations usage.
The "adding new units" procedure requires a "heavy" modding on game files, model files and textures... I don't think it's worth to learn it just for that.
Awe darn, ok thanks. It would have been cool if they made an easy way to create new unique units and add them to game for making new civilizations.

Added after 1 minute :
But I guess there would be restrictions such as you can’t use that civilization in multiplayer cause other people might not have that unique unit added to their game.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

But I guess there would be restrictions such as you can’t use that civilization in multiplayer cause other people might not have that unique unit added to their game.
Exactly, that's the main issue. It can be however fixed with a Minor Update of UP1.5, where I can attach modified files. However, it still requires heavy modding, and gives doubts if it's really worth it.
EE2's main issue is that the number of civilizations can't be changed, so we can only edit existing. EE2: AOS ads the custom civilization feature, but it's very limited. In my opinion it's worth to accept EE2 as it is, and stop trying to include all possible countries using different methods than those available.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
EmpireEarthManiac

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 01:55
Exactly, that's the main issue. It can be however fixed with a Minor Update of UP1.5, where I can attach modified files. However, it still requires heavy modding, and gives doubts if it's really worth it.
EE2's main issue is that the number of civilizations can't be changed, so we can only edit existing. EE2: AOS ads the custom civilization feature, but it's very limited. In my opinion it's worth to accept EE2 as it is, and stop trying to include all possible countries using different methods than those available.
Well if you find a really good modder who can do it like it’s nothing that would be cool to add a bunch of new civilizations with their own unique units and have the AI be able to use them.
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Hi EEManiac!!! You can edit the enum of the civilizations in EE2X_hdrs/dbPlayerdefinirions...also you may need to edit civ menu in dbwidget_scenedir where it reads "sh_Civs/Combo....etc commenting it: """Enum=eCivs startItem=0 endItem=24""" or the number of new civs you like...perhaps you succeed where I failed, but Mona is right, perhaps civ number can't be changed without knowing assembly and much effort...A lot of luck!!!
EmpireEarthManiac

Custom Civ Australia

Here is the custom civilization Australia. You can modify it to make it more like what you think Australia should be like.
Attachments
Australian.civ
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”