Graphic settings not saving in art of supremacy

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
jack

Graphic settings not saving in art of supremacy

Post by jack »

I was attempting to lower the shadow quality in the ee2 expansion and when I clicked accept and then went back into the graphic settings menue the entire section reverted back from the custom settings (that I implemented) to high quality overall( default game setting). I can change the overall graphics from high quality to high performance but any individual setting I adjust reverts back as soon as I leave the screen. When I open the non expansion version my individual settings save. Is this a common issue?

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Graphic settings not saving in art of supremacy

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello jack.
This isn't a normal/expected behavior. After you change Settings and click on the "Accept" button they should be saved and the next time you visit Settings menu they should have the same state as you left it on.

Please go to folder: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sierra\Empire Earth II The Art of Supremacy\settings
And check the modification date of file: settings.cfg
If the modification date is old, it means that something is blocking EE2: AOS from writing files on your computer (possibly an Antivirus). Please refer to: viewtopic.php?p=20307#p20307

If the file is correctly modified but settings in game are still lost - please upload this file as attachment in your next post.

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
jack

Post by jack »

so it appeared that setting.cfg was perfectly fine so I 1.uninstalled the EE2 completely, 2.reinstalled them and then started both of them (pre-unofficial patch) up and changed the settings, they saved. 3. then i installed that patch and it worked perfectly. If i had to guess as to what was causing the issue i would say that initially i had installed the game directly from COG games and without starting them up downloaded the unofficial patch right after. Maybe not launching the game before downloading the unofficial patch caused an issue with the configure file. Anyway its all good now :) Thanks for the quick response and have a good day.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

UP.1.5 actually overwrites settings.cfg file, so it shouldn't matter if the game was started before installing the patch.
Maybe there was some other funny issue with process blocking by the antivirus program.
Anyway, thanks for sharing the information how you fixed it :)

Topic Solved & Locked
If anyone has the same problem, please open a new topic
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”