21:9 Support

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Beltasbur

21:9 Support

Post by Beltasbur »

Hello there!

EE series are one of my childhood heroes (I played them when I was 8 or 10, can't exactly remember; I'm 19 at this moment though) and I bought EE2 again from GOG just to spend some time for good nostalgia.

Unfornately, due to my computer's high epoch (get it?) against EE2 vanilla, it's quite hard to get the full and smooth experience. For instance, in Full Vanilla EE2, it couldn't open in fullscreen and only supported up to 1280 x 1024.

Then I did the Widescreen Patch from WSGF, set the resolution to 2560 x 1080; everything seems "fine" so far.

But the framerates are terrible, I'm having unrealistic lags (especially in harsh weather) and FPS drops even if I have latest drivers, OS, and hardware (FX-8350 and GTX-1070, I know, processor is not that up-to-date but it works)

I would like to know if unofficial patch solves these, and how is the support for 21:9 screens? Camera advices? etc. I would like to know.

Thank you!

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: 21:9 Support

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello.
Unofficial Patch 1.5 has a "Custom screen resolution" feature, where you can set whatever screen resolution you like :)
2017-04-11 20_14_26-UP1.5 - Custom Screen Resolution Generator.png
2017-04-11 20_14_26-UP1.5 - Custom Screen Resolution Generator.png (23.18 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
Don't worry if you don't like the other UP1.5 changes. You can easily disable "new stuff" by the "UP1.5 Settings". More information: https://ee2.eu/help/#disablefeatures

About the lags problem you can read here: https://ee2.eu/help/#lags
Basically Enabling DirectX 9 in UP1.5 should improve FPS in game.

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”