Population problem

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Lorans

Population problem

Post by Lorans »

Hello guys ....
Well I downloaded ee2 Unofficial patch 1.5, everything just runing cool & fantastic..
Thanks allot for everybody whom worked on it and to make it alive that way.

The problem is every time i'm tying to increase population up to 2600 & more ( of course before i start the in-game )Then inside the game i cant produce more then 999 unit...!!!! Image
okay call me newbiez but i really have no idea how to make it work ...!
Pls help me with that
Thanks allot in advance.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Population problem

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.
It won't work. In the patch description:
New maximum population options available in game: 2600, 3000, 3400, 3800, 4000, 6000, 8000, 10000:
* NOTE: The maximum pop for each player will remain 999 no matter how many players there are in game.
* You can build the "Tree of Life", or the "Tree of Death" to hack your population in game (very expensive).
* Hack trees are forbidden in Multiplayer games, except City Building games.
If you don't play Multiplayer, you can make those trees cheaper. Read this for details:
http://forum.ee2.eu/viewtopic?start=105&t=1723&topic_name#19823
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Lorans

Post by Lorans »

Leader wrote:Hi.
It won't work. In the patch description:
New maximum population options available in game: 2600, 3000, 3400, 3800, 4000, 6000, 8000, 10000:
* NOTE: The maximum pop for each player will remain 999 no matter how many players there are in game.
* You can build the "Tree of Life", or the "Tree of Death" to hack your population in game (very expensive).
* Hack trees are forbidden in Multiplayer games, except City Building games.
If you don't play Multiplayer, you can make those trees cheaper. Read this for details:
http://forum.ee2.eu/viewtopic?start=105&t=1723&topic_name#19823
Thank u for responding,
i really didnt catch it up, the thing is I chooses from Single Player Skirmish Panel before i start 4000 as a Max population, Now once im in playing im not being able to build any more unit after reaching 999, see here is the thing i mean WHY ..... ??!! Image
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Lorans wrote:Thank u for responding,
i really didnt catch it up, the thing is I chooses from Single Player Skirmish Panel before i start 4000 as a Max population, Now once im in playing im not being able to build any more unit after reaching 999, see here is the thing i mean WHY ..... ??!! Image
999 is a maximum population for a single player, and it can not be changed.
Let me give you some examples:
If there are 4 players in game, and the maximum population is set to 2000 - every player will have 500 as the maximum population.
If there are 4 players in game, and the maximum population is set to 4000 - every player will have 999 as the maximum population.
If there are 4 players in game, and the maximum population is set to 10000 - every player will have 999 as the maximum population.
If there are 10 players in game, and the maximum population is set to 2000 - every player will have 200 as the maximum population.
If there are 10 players in game, and the maximum population is set to 10000 - every player will have 999 as the maximum population.

If you want to produce more than 999 - you have to build the "Tree of Death" which will remove (-1000) population from the counter. Thanks to that you will be able to have more than 999 units in game.
The 999 limit wasn't removed in the Unofficial Patch 1.5, because it could affect game performance and multiplayer gameplay. EE2 is a very bad optimized game, and when there are many units in game it laggs horribly Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Lorans

Post by Lorans »

Leader wrote:
Lorans wrote:Thank u for responding,
999 is a maximum population for a single player, and it can not be changed.
Let me give you some examples:
If there are 4 players in game, and the maximum population is set to 2000 - every player will have 500 as the maximum population.
If there are 4 players in game, and the maximum population is set to 4000 - every player will have 999 as the maximum population.
If there are 4 players in game, and the maximum population is set to 10000 - every player will have 999 as the maximum population.
If there are 10 players in game, and the maximum population is set to 2000 - every player will have 200 as the maximum population.
If there are 10 players in game, and the maximum population is set to 10000 - every player will have 999 as the maximum population.

If you want to produce more than 999 - you have to build the "Tree of Death" which will remove (-1000) population from the counter. Thanks to that you will be able to have more than 999 units in game.
The 999 limit wasn't removed in the Unofficial Patch 1.5, because it could affect game performance and multiplayer gameplay. EE2 is a very bad optimized game, and when there are many units in game it laggs horribly Image
MAN MAN MAN, tried it it's what exactly i want, im going to die of happiness, Thanks allot, cheers for u Image Image Image
One more thing, EE2 is my 7 years favorite game, newly i learned about people doing mods. hacks .....etc...
i'm very interesting of learning how to mod EE2, design new buildings new units new blah blah blah, so if u could kindly help me by telling me about a good site to learn i would be very thankful ...!!
Best regards & much of thanks Image Image

-----------------------------------------

One more thing, i have the latest technologies for computers, in fact a Super computer i have i will see wts going to happened when i build that massive army will see if my Computer have balls or nah  .... Image Image
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

If you want to mod the game - simply start by checking all files. There is a lot of things to edit, and it's simply impossible to explain everything, until you find it out by yourself.
Some information about modding can be found in those topics:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1733-trying-to-mod-in-a-new-unit
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1737-map-making-mp-scripting
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1728-building-limit-modding

If you want to add a new unit then... You need to import a model from some other game, then convert it, edit in special programs, etc. Then add it to game by editing ~10 files... not easy to do Image
One more thing, i have the latest technologies for computers, in fact a Super computer i have i will see wts going to happened when i build that massive army will see if my Computer have balls or nah ....
I'm sure it will lagg too Image it's game optimization problem, not the hardware Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Lorans

Post by Lorans »

I will start to dig for modding, i love this game like crazy madness.
Umm, i managed to learn Chinese language in 1 year i don't think adding a building or a unit would be more harder hehe lol
much of thanks for helping & chatting
Best regards.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Lorans wrote:I will start to dig for modding, i love this game like crazy madness.
Umm, i managed to learn Chinese language in 1 year i don't think adding a building or a unit would be more harder hehe lol
much of thanks for helping & chatting
Best regards.
I'm happy that I could help.

If you want to mod, I would recommend to:
- Install a fresh copy of EE2
- Paste UP1.5 for Developers, from this link: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1731-development-diary-ee2-ee2x-unofficial-patch-1-5-a-version-of-up1-5-for-modders

It's because in the "normal" version of 1.5, the files structure has been changed (to make the game compatible with every language version). With the changed structure it's much harder to edit, because some of needed files are in db.zip, and the other files are in db_150.zip
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Lorans

Post by Lorans »

Very good information to start, okay i did that
i would like to know, I do design 3D's Max, so can i design a rocket launcher like a sample, nd then include it in the game, such like this unit
[/quote]
ImageImage" />
then convert it to wt ever extinction the game uses then do the game needs & & & ..... etc ... ??
What im tryin t say, why to extract from other games nd do all the hard work while i can design my own things ...!
These users thanked the author Lorans for the post:
PaulStretch
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I don't know 3D's Max (I'm bad at graphics things). I also don't know how to make models work with EE2. Iwanicki (the other EE2 modder) was always helping me with new units.
From what you need to change several things, before EE2 can read the model (for example polygons can't be more than 20 000). The texture must be in a .tga format, and the .obj must be converted to nifcache with Nifskope (I think).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”