EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.6 (2014+)

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
CaropatraVII

Re: EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.5 (2015)

Post by CaropatraVII »

Hello Dr. MonaLisa,

we're trying to start a multiplayer game, but my friend always gets the message:
"Host has an incompatible installation: executable differs"

we've tried everything thinkable and what we could find in the support threads. Now we can recreate the problem and could use your help to find a solution.

but first, when I install & start up the up15 my game does not ask for the screen res-size. (1950*1080)

if I set the ee2x.exe compatibility mode to windows 98/windows me
1. the screen res detector does not work and I have only 4 resolutions in my settings options (2x1280*800 & 2x800*600 - Failsafe)
2. muliplayer works

if I turn off the compatibility mode
1. the screen res is fitted to my monitor res
2. multiplayer does not work with the above error message

Additionaly we found out that the Player Name also Changes with those settings.

my Pc: win 7, 1950*1080
friends PC: macmini with bootcamp win 7, 1280*800

thank you so much! =)
CaropatraVII

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi CaropatraVII. Thank you for the detailed describtion of the problem.
The "Host has an incompatible installation: executable differs" message appears, when the Unofficial Patch 1.5 launcher is unable to replace a checksum of the generated .exe in the RAM memory:
* Checksum in-RAM replacing system (so people with different executables are able to join each other in MP games),
It's hard to explain, but EE2 is always checking if the executables are the same. Thanks to my trick this checksum of the EE2 process is replaced in the RAM memory, so players with all screen resolutions are able to join each other.

1. Do not use any compatiblity mode - keep the default settings (the patch should work fine with the all operation systems WinXP+)
2. In the compatiblity tab of the EE2.exe/EE2X.exe properties select option: "Run this program as an administrator ( https://forum.ee2.eu/oldpics/o-9-19-2010-5-11-15-PM1.png ). Do this on both computers.
3. Open file: "UnofficialVersionConfig.vbs" from your EE2 root folder. The Configuration Utility should appear. Click on the "Custom Screen Resolution" buton, or select your screen resolution in: "Force this screen resolution in game".
4. If nothing helped, try to disable the antivirus software, or add EE2.exe/EE2X.exe to exceptions. Some programs might block the launcher's behaviour (prevent 1.5 from accessing other process memory, in this case EE2 game).

I'm still working on a better method to replace this checksum in RAM, so in the next update (1.5.3) we should not longer have problems like this Image Unfortunately the next update will be released after some months, when the changes list is long enough to release, so for now you need to "fix" this problem using methods described above.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Viaknar

Post by Viaknar »

So I was wondering if its possible to add a zoom function to the Fullscreen Map as its hard to see most of what is there.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Viaknar wrote:So I was wondering if its possible to add a zoom function to the Fullscreen Map as its hard to see most of what is there.
I'm worrying that it's impossible (I haven't got the source code of game, so I can't add it), but I'll check if something like this can be unlocked Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
hac_uy@yahoo.com.vn

Post by hac_uy@yahoo.com.vn »

I am very satisfied with the patch I tried to milk the map , but I can not begin to use the map , I simply do not see the map I 've edited.
admin can make a video help I can use the map that I have not editable.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

hac_uy@yahoo.com.vn wrote:I am very satisfied with the patch I tried to milk the map , but I can not begin to use the map , I simply do not see the map I 've edited.
admin can make a video help I can use the map that I have not editable.
I don't understand, can you give more details?
From what I understand you've created a NEW map in the map editor, and you're trying to load it in game?
If so, the map will have name: "Untitled" (until you named it in the Map Editor -> Edit -> Mission Properties... -> Mission Name).
Also remember to add Starting Positions (Tools -> Starting Positions), else the map will have the maximum players number = 0.

About the video: Ain't nobody got time for that. Maybe in the far future...
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
hac_uy@yahoo.com.vn

I do not know cleared the trees or rock gold mining land in the sea I deleted but still , trees , yellow , quarry , how to delete them
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

hac_uy@yahoo.com.vn wrote:I do not know cleared the trees or rock gold mining land in the sea I deleted but still , trees , yellow , quarry , how to delete them
I don't really understand your posts... To delete - select a item and press a delete button.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
hac_uy@yahoo.com.vn

empire earth 2 the art of supremacy unhandled exception
How fix it
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

hac_uy@yahoo.com.vn wrote:empire earth 2 the art of supremacy unhandled exception
How fix it
More details please.
When the error appears? What you buildings/units are in game when you get this crash?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”