Do you want EE2 Lobby back?

General Talking for all forum users.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Do you want EE2 Lobby back?

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

These screenshots are 100% real. It's not fake:

The question is: Do anybody still want the lobby back? I'm asking, because it's not easy to create a new version 1.4 with working Multiplayer, and if this game is dead, I don't want to waste my time for thing, which won't be used.

I'll start work on Patch 1.4, when I get minimum 20 positive votes in poll in this topic.
For now, tell to your friends that Dr Mona Lisa found a way, how to get the lobby back, and send them a link to this topic.

If you want to help - test BETA 2 version of patch 1.4: http://www.forum.ee2.eu/t1420-ee2-unofficial-patch-14-beta-2-ee2aos-unofficial-patch-12-beta-1
And tell me if everything works fine.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

*GgC*Bane

Re: Do you want EE2 Lobby back?

Post by *GgC*Bane »

Hell yea
GeneralSturnn

Post by GeneralSturnn »

since I play LAN with Hamachi doesn't really matter too much, my networks have 268 member maxed and I have several, now, if someone has a way to get Empire Earth Art of Conquest's Direct Ip working, that's be really, really good.

but hey, I might eventually use it to see if I can gather more players for my mod.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

The lobby works... But only the lobby.
GameSpy disabled availability servers for Empire Earth II, and I emulated this server on the computer (file: monaserver-ee2.exe). We can log in on our old GameSpy accounts, we can see the rating and leaderboards. However that's all. We can host a game, but nobody else see it, the "invite" button doesn't send an invitation. So Empire Earth II Game servers don't work, and they won't work.
So actually the lobby is useless. But the patch will be released for the other changes:
For example:
- New widescreen resolutions
- More available population options (now it's only 2000 as maximum)
- New multiplayer scenarios and a huge map collection.

Everybody will be still able to play EE2 online, by GameRanger.

Any ideas what else patch 1.4 can add / change? It's the last chance!
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
jac619

Post by jac619 »

I don't really care much for the lobby personally but hearing that you plan on putting more available pop options makes me more excited than anything, also any idea on which resolutions you plan on adding?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

jac619 wrote:I don't really care much for the lobby personally but hearing that you plan on putting more available pop options makes me more excited than anything, also any idea on which resolutions you plan on adding?
Hi,
As in BETA version:
http://www.forum.ee2.eu/t1420-ee2-unofficial-patch-14-beta-2-ee2aos-unofficial-patch-12-beta-1
Resolutions in patch:
800x600 NOT CHANGED
1024x768 NOT CHANGED
1366x768 = CHANGED
1600x900 = CHANGED (in version 1.3)
1280x1024 = NOT CHANGED
1920x1080 = CHANGED
The problem is: Only these screen resolutions will be available. I had to remove 2 of 4:3 screen resolutions. I couldn't add more, because I'm just editing EE2.exe file with HEX editor.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
GeneralSturnn

Post by GeneralSturnn »

you could also use Hamachi for EE2 online.
TheGrouchDE

EMPIRE EARTH II PATCH 1.4 maybe official ^^

Post by TheGrouchDE »

Here the video to the patch 1.4 and what it includes
Im sorry for mona that i forgot to show the Lobby of Mona. I hope youre not angry about this ^^
Greetings, the one and only evil mastermind and your friendly dictator next door, TheGrouchDE.
fack3d

Post by fack3d »

Why hasn't ee2 been working for several months?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

fack3d wrote:Why hasn't ee2 been working for several months?
Check:
http://www.forum.ee2.eu/h17-ee2-status-center

========
empire earth 2 server down?: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1569-empire-earth-2-server-down
How to play Empire Earth II without GameSpy server - GameRanger: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1570-how-to-play-empire-earth-ii-without-gamespy-server-gameranger
EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial patch 1.4 (2013): http://forum.ee2.eu/t1636-ee2-ee2x-empire-earth-ii-unofficial-patch-14-2013
- EE2-v1.4.exe which allows you to log-in to the GameSpy Chat Lobby, unfortunately without the ability to host/join the games.
You can log-in to GameSpy Chat Lobby, check leaders board, friends list, rating system, unfortunately you can't host/join games. If you want to log-in to the GameSpy lobby, you have to use: EE2-v1.4.exe from your Sierra/Empire Earth II folder (or "Empire Earth II 1.4 - Launcher" shortcut from your desktop). Some Anti-virus software might detect this file as "Hacking tool", but it's not dangerous. The Launcher will start "monaserver-ee2.exe" which emulates GameSpy availability server on your computer. If you use Windows 8, the launcher will detect it, and run "EE2 Windows 8 FIX" ("EE2-Windows8-by.DrMonaLisa.bat").
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “General Talking”