EE2 Problem: Scenarios

General Talking for all forum users.
Matty

EE2 Problem: Scenarios

Post by Matty »

I like the fact you try to make ee2 more alive but that's a wrong strategy.
I want to be concise, these are the problems:

1-Big part of the people, beside scenarios are well done, prefer ee2 normal game. That's why i am playing ee2, i like normal games, and if i prefer it to any other games means that ee2 "normal" games are the best way for playing. It's not your scenarios which are bad, but just the fact that ee2 can be hardly beaten.

2-Mona, one of the stars of ee2 is never playing any normal games. Noone can admire his skills of playing and most of the games are not serious but noobish ...The only people who know how to play and are very active are: Matty, CompagniaDellaMorte, Rusian Empire, Vlad clan, ComySS ( who i think will leave ee2 if the situation doesn't change ), and max 2 more ... We need more people who know how to play! If there weren't these people, i wouldn't know what to do ...Maybe the only choice would be not playing ee2 and waiting another period

3-Who hosts scenarios usually takes a big part of few people who know how to play ee2, MOREOVER games are usually very long and who is not in usually must wait hours to play a normal game with decent people.

I think that's not good for ee2, but obviously i can't force you to stop with scenarios...
I repeat, the reason is not that i don't like scenarios, because i was shocked by mona's work, but the reason is that i love ee2, the typical game of ee2.

I hope you understand

derrick

Re: EE2 Problem: Scenarios

Post by derrick »

i trust matty, scenario is really boring game, this game is not much played than ee2 lobby.
Scenario + CB = big shiit, that why i dont like to join these game.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I found how to play scenarios online ~5 days ago. I think it's normal that everyone is testing now something that is new and cool.
Before this I was playing normal CBs which took a lot of time. That's why I think scenarios are much better than normal CB games.
2-Mona, one of the stars of ee2 is never playing any normal games. Noone can admire his skills of playing and most of the games are not serious but noobish
Yes, but scenarios are relaxing me. Normal games - not. I used to play a lot of normal games in the past, and I was never happy. Now, when I play scenarios I'm happy, and I like the game more than before...
Who hosts scenarios usually takes a big part of few people who know how to play ee2, MOREOVER games are usually very long and who is not in usually must wait hours to play a normal game with decent people.
My scenario has 6 slots. 6 isn't that much. If players enter to the room with scenario title, then it's their choice. It means they like it too.
It's not easy to create scenario, and I'm not going to create more than 2-3 scenarios. So I'm pretty sure normal games will be always played.

I also play normal games. Today we had a good game (which my team lost):
https://forum.ee2.eu/oldpics/pb2-EE2_ScreenShot352.jpg
https://forum.ee2.eu/oldpics/pb2-EE2_ScreenShot353.jpg
https://forum.ee2.eu/oldpics/pb2-EE2_ScreenShot354.jpg

I think scenarios aren't problem for EE2 community. They're even helping to keep this alive.
LUq wrote:i trust matty, scenario is really boring game, this game is not much played than ee2 lobby.
Scenario + CB = big shiit, that why i dont like to join these game.
Oh, please...
My scenario + CB has:
- Terrorists attacks
- Pirates attacks
- Automatically technology exploration every 10 minutes
- A lot of messages
- Real units, buildings (Obama, Lady Gaga, Putin, Merkel etc.)

It's much more fun than normal CB or stupid games where everything you do is building 200 baracks and produce 300 units army to win if you have the crown.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Matty

Post by Matty »

There would be a lot of games i could play: Battlefield 3, Star Craft 2, a lot of new games with better graphic etc ...
The only reason why i still play ee2 is due to the community and even the game itself. If tomorrow we couldn't play anymore any normal games, the community ( i love it ) wouldn't be enough for me for playing ee2.

I agree with you that CBs are relaxing but you can relax even not playing ee2, if you wanna relax there are a lot of ways, i think that ee2 is not a game made for relaxing but for incredible and epic matches.

I really didn't expect these words by you: "It's much more fun than normal CB or stupid games where everything you do is building 200 baracks and produce 300 units army to win if you have the crown."
Building and producing? So why do exist noobs? Isn't so easy? Why they need years to become proes? Isn't just building and producing? And what about medpace? Doesn't it exist? Is it building and producing too? Bab war same? EE2 for me is art of speed, experience and strategy at the same time and that's why i love it.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

There would be a lot of games i could play: Battlefield 3, Star Craft 2, a lot of new games with better graphic etc ...
I've also a lot of games installed: Anno 2070, Far Cry 3, HAWX2, Shaun White Skateboarding, Red Alert 3.
I agree with you that CBs are relaxing but you can relax even not playing ee2, if you wanna relax there are a lot of ways, i think that ee2 is not a game made for relaxing but for incredible and epic matches.
If I relax in the other ways, then I won't play EE2 anyway. So this is the same effect as playing scenarios.
Building and producing? So why do exist noobs? Isn't so easy? Why they need years to become proes? Isn't just building and producing? And what about medpace? Doesn't it exist? Is it building and producing too? Bab war same? EE2 for me is art of speed, experience and strategy at the same time and that's why i love it.
For you it's art of speed. For developers and people who created EE2 it shouldn't be. In 2004 they didn't even have enough good computers to play fast pace.

[iframe]width=853 height=480 src= frameborder=0 allowfullscreen[/iframe]

[iframe]width=853 height=480 src= frameborder=0 allowfullscreen[/iframe]

I am playing normal games, yesterday I did too (screenshots are the proof), so scenarios or CB playing aren't the problem anymore.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Matty

Post by Matty »

If I relax in the other ways, then I won't play EE2 anyway. So this is the same effect as playing scenarios
During the day a person needs relaxing and stressing. For example i usually turn on my stereo listening to radio songs and i turn it off when i want relax. I think a person can't relax all the time. When i saw CBs just sometimes i could understand it but now i think it's exaggerated.
For you it's art of speed. For developers and people who created EE2 it shouldn't be. In 2004 they didn't even have enough good computers to play fast pace.
Developers are not gods, they can have wrongly made a game which i like it for that "mistake"... The fact Developers didn't think fastpace would have been that played doesn't mean EE2 fastpace mustn't be played or liked. And anyway when i told about art i didn't say it was just art of speed, but even art of experience and strategy.
I am playing normal games, yesterday I did too (screenshots are the proof), so scenarios or CB playing aren't the problem anymore.
I am happy to hear that but i don't wanna force you to not play scenarios, i just suggested you to be less busy for these scenarios and a little more for "normal games"
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

[qote]During the day a person needs relaxing and stressing. For example i usually turn on my stereo listening to radio songs and i turn it off when i want relax. I think a person can't relax all the time. When i saw CBs just sometimes i could understand it but now i think it's exaggerated.[/quote]
Why not? Stress-free life is a better life. I shouldn't play normal games too much, because I'm getting angry very fast, when something's wrong. Even my mom said I shouldn't play that game with "weird voices" (I think she meant the taunts of units, like "yes my lord", "what can I do").
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Matty

Post by Matty »

I didn't tell you to play many normal games, but just to play it sometimes because it's sad looking one of the best players not playing normal games ...
Then It's true that you get angry very fastly when you play normal games but you have to learn to control yourself even because it could be a good lesson for real life too

Return to “General Talking”